Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2016, 12:42 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question Class A's: 27N vs 31KE

We are selling our 29' Jayco Class C and want to move to a Class A. We want the RV for summer road trips and traveling from MN to FL, where we have a fifth wheel stored. Therefore we want to stick to a smaller Class A. We want to go with a Winnebago/Itasca and the 2 models noted: 27N or 31KE seem to fill the bill for us.

Any thoughts or comments on these 2 for the purposes we propose? Any help appreciated - thanks.
oldjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:11 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

If looking at new, then the 27N is now in the LX models which I understand to be a higher level of fit and finish than the base Vista models. I have heard good things about the 27N and was in fact looking at getting one until I looked at a Newmar.
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:14 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Just got back from Tampa RV show and they had a 2017 Vista 29VE prototype they where taking orders for at $89k. Nice floorplan. Couple things I noticed that I wish my 2016 31BE had was a wider overhead bunk rated at 450lbs, soft vinyl ceiling, and windshield roller shade.

Looks like they are tweaking the lower end Vista with some good stuff. Love my Vista so far, after checking out the competition again the biggest difference is how much better the basement area is compared to say a Thor ACE or Georgetown GT3.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:48 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

We bought a 27n Vista 2013 new in Sept. 2013. We have enjoyed it so far and have put 11500 miles on it(stored thru our Minnesota winters). We did put anti sway and safe-t-steer on it and they have improved the handling. We would like to have had the drop down bunk for extra G-Kid room, but couldn't add it as it takes a special mod when it's built. All in all ,lots of storage room in and out. Large counter space and comfortable bed.
sask66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:25 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjoe View Post
We want to go with a Winnebago/Itasca and the 2 models noted: 27N or 31KE seem to fill the bill for us.
I'm not specifically familiar with either floor-plan, but looking at the Vista LX 27N floorpan online, it only has the captains chairs up front and the dinette for seating. I myself would want the minimum floor-plan length that allows for additional seating with a sofa, such as the Vista 31KE. (But is almost 3' longer.) If this is more for traveling from point A to point B and then not staying in the MH upon arrival, maybe that's not an important feature to you. -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:40 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
If looking at new, then the 27N is now in the LX models which I understand to be a higher level of fit and finish than the base Vista models. I have heard good things about the 27N and was in fact looking at getting one until I looked at a Newmar.
Me too! They sold the one I was going to look at before I could make it to the dealership so the next weekend I drove the other direction to check out the Newmars and am glad I did. I ended up with the Bay Star Sport 2903.

Originally I was looking at class A's with just a sofa. Why would I need both a sofa and a dinette for just my wife and I? After having spent time in it now, I am glad to have both. I do envy the counter space that the 27N has but really like the open spaces of the 2903.
WhatsHisName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:29 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

We opted for the 31KE model (Itasca ). While we liked the compactness of the 27 we really wanted that extra space and room than offered by the 27- and we are so comfortable in this rig.

I do wish our rig had a bit more load carrying capacity as we are often at or near max GVW, but we can often balance that out with a bit less water and stowed junk. But we soooo love the extra room and large dinette in the KE.

We've since looked at many other models - even gone back to look at the 27-and have come to the conclusion is we absolutely made the right decision for our needs and comfort.
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 03:28 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I have the 2016 vista LX 27N and love it. I traded an 2007 27' Itasca Cambria in on it. The 27N LX has a huge amount of storage and I love the layout. It has the dinette set rather than the sofa which I might have changed but when I saw this one sitting on the lot I knew it was the one. They do have the 31 foot but it had bunk beds which I didn't need. Also I wanted to keep the rv under 30 feet so I knew I would not have any problems getting in anywhere whereas rigs over 30 feet may not be able to. Mine has the ash wood color (gray) inside with white seats which make it look really nice. It is arctic silver outside. Haven't found anything not to like about it so far. Another thing I really like about the LX model is the finish work that they have done such as the bathroom mirror is framed whereas the Vista 27N isn't. Mine has 4 tvs as opposed to the model which has the overhead bunk above the cockpit area instead of a tv. Don't need any more sleeping areas outside of the full size queen bed and the dinette if needed. So there are alot of little things that they have done to the LX that make it shine. Anyway I love my LX 27N and can't think of anything negative about it or anything I would change.
kwajkat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a