Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-16-2021, 03:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Chassis Battery Disconnect Switch

2013 Itasca Meridian 34B: I'm always impressed with the amount of knowledge provided by so many fellow owners. This is my first post...so here goes:
Should the Chassis battery disconnect switch light be on (green) when the switch is in the ON position (i.e. chassis batteries connected)? This MH is "new" to me and not sure if the switch needs replacing.
Looks very similar to the "Coach Battery" switch that does light up when the coach batteries are connected. Owner's Manual doesn't address the light in the switch.
TIA...
HawkeyeinNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 03:37 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

If the switch works properly, I wouldn't be worried about it. I wouldn't replace the switch over a defective led.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 04:41 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Willing to take a wild guess?

That year is about when they stopped giving as much info on the actual wiring schematics and what they do give is not as specific on what wires go where, only labels that tell us each end of the wire and a circuit label, like UUC, TTY, TTZ, so that we can go to this chart and decode the labels:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf

Drawing here and sheet four shows this switch:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ire_182049.pdf

Idea is that if we know where the ends are we can determine the use? Sometimes less than the help I need to figure things without lots of hunt and peck searching!

But as a wild guess and prone to change if somebody says their light works, I would say it is not wired to light the light!

Based only on speculation from looking at the coach battery disconnect to see there is a Wire WC leading to a compartment light circuit on that switch and not one on the chassis battery disconnect!

Did I mention wild guessing was involved?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	switch.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	178915  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 04:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

thanks for the responses...the previous owners took great care of this MH so I suspect it's probably not wired as the switch seems to properly.
HawkeyeinNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 04:59 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Kind of falls into that area where we have to ask if they really needed to tell us some things? Like my coach battery disconnect switch and having a light to tell me it is on?

I kind of think that if the overhead lights comes on, I might guess that the disconnect switch is on, without a green light to use more battery to tell me that!!!

Sometimes the marvels of engineering are wasted on marketing!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:27 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

On our 2014 34B, I found that switch light blinking a few times or on/off at different times. My first thought was that it was an indication that the batteries might be cycling or in need of service. I checked them and found no issues. It's been out for awhile now and everything is working as usual, so I'm pretty sure the blinking was really an indication that the LED was going out. Replacing the switch is on my list of things to do.....someday.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 10:52 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

If I turn the ignition and the coach starts, service disconnect rocker switch is working okay. My light has been out for about a year now. As stated, not going to switch it out for an LED not working.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, battery disconnect, chassis, switch