Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2015, 10:39 AM   #141
Winnie-Wise

Hey pmgia,
What does the HepvO waterless sanitary valve do for you?? Make it easier to winterize?? Just wondering.
>> Dennis
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:44 PM   #142
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrnnr View Post
Bill, do you have a source for the Hella replacements?
Sure. I bought the Hella's here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s01
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:10 AM   #143
Winnebago Camper

My wife and I are not big lovers of the legless dinette setups, so I removed the table from the buffet, filled the space with matching maple faux door and installed a matching mini table for snacks and games next to the couch.

I used the sequoia table legs and the "foot-friendly" floor mounts. We let the kids design the table shape and we think it works great because there are not sharp corners to grab hips.

The plus side is - it really opened up the walkway in our 34B when the slides are in. We stored the fixed chairs in the house and carry the folding chairs in the back closet so 4 people can sit at the table when needed.

Adam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	34bb1.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	96816   Click image for larger version

Name:	34t2.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	96817  

Old 06-12-2015, 08:50 AM   #144
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Hunter View Post
My wife and I are not big lovers of the legless dinette setups, so I removed the table from the buffet, filled the space with matching maple faux door and installed a matching mini table for snacks and games next to the couch.

I used the sequoia table legs and the "foot-friendly" floor mounts. We let the kids design the table shape and we think it works great because there are not sharp corners to grab hips.

The plus side is - it really opened up the walkway in our 34B when the slides are in. We stored the fixed chairs in the house and carry the folding chairs in the back closet so 4 people can sit at the table when needed.

Adam
Nice job, Adam. Does the table store when you travel? Certainly opens the floor up. When is the dance?
Old 06-12-2015, 09:20 AM   #145
Winnebago Camper

I would certainly be interested. We have a 2005 Journey 36g. We just bought it and I havnt had time to do anything other than add a Safe T Plus system, to it but I plan on doing the LED lights, the lighted door handle, , upgrade the TVs , etc.

Thanks for sharing!!
sunset4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:39 AM   #146
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Nice job, Adam. Does the table store when you travel? Certainly opens the floor up. When is the dance?
Thanks Rick,

Obviously the table needs to be removed for the CS slide to retract. The table fits perfectly behind the Extendable sofa next to the wall and my aunt made a fabric bag to store the 2 table legs in. (So no rattling).

It does open the space up ALOT. It might not be suited to fine dining - but we are more of a tray-table type of family..... and the factory table could always be reinstalled if need be.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:41 PM   #147
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to Yoders2Go
Thanks! I was really miffed when I found out there isn't any wiring for my entry door handle, while the older Meridian on one side and the new Tiffin on the other side of us each had the exact, well to look at anyway, lighted handle and our 2014 Journey was dark.
Yoders2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:39 PM   #148
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Hunter View Post
Thanks Rick,

Obviously the table needs to be removed for the CS slide to retract. The table fits perfectly behind the Extendable sofa next to the wall and my aunt made a fabric bag to store the 2 table legs in. (So no rattling).

It does open the space up ALOT. It might not be suited to fine dining - but we are more of a tray-table type of family..... and the factory table could always be reinstalled if need be.
Thanks for your kind response, Adam. My question was not well phrased. I should be asking how you determined where to place the leg anchors? You must have had to figure that accurately.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:59 PM   #149
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoders2Go View Post
Thanks! I was really miffed when I found out there isn't any wiring for my entry door handle, while the older Meridian on one side and the new Tiffin on the other side of us each had the exact, well to look at anyway, lighted handle and our 2014 Journey was dark.
The console next to the co-pilot seat should be in line with the bottom of the handle. Install this light (Amazon.com: ITC (86430-LED ASSEM-DB) Cool White Replacement LED Light Assembly for IllumaGrip Handles: Automotive) in the bottom of the handle and drill a hole large enough for the wires to pass through into the console. Add a switch or use the entrance light circuit to power the handle light. Seal the handle well when you reinstall it.

Post pictures if you do it. Mine looks great.

Rick Y
Old 06-29-2015, 03:57 PM   #150
Winnebago Watcher

Can you elaborate on the Remote control locks for all the compartment doors?
cbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:00 AM   #151
Winnebago Owner

Lots of great ideas in here, some I will steal for myself

Done or to be done within days:
  1. 40" LED Smart TV w/ Cabinet Space and Extending Arm
  2. Replaced the VCR/DVD with Xbox One and Apple TV
  3. Added Xbox 360 and Sony PS3
  4. AMP-L-Start
  5. Natures Head Composting Toilet
  6. Oxygenics Fury RV Shower Head
  7. 1 UP USA Bike Rack
  8. EEZRV TPMS
  9. Garmin RV 760LMT GPS
  10. Fantastic Fan w/ Remote - Still in box - Install next week
  11. 3 - #10 Fire Extinguishers
  12. Winchester 7 CF Safe in W/D Space - Still Need to Move In
  13. Wood Laminate Floor - Done by Dealer
  14. Rear TV already replaced with 26" LCD by previous owner
  15. Underneath storage tubes x 2 for sewer by previous owner
  16. Converted 50A hot tub outlet on house to 50A RV outlet
  17. Progressive Industries EMSHW50C Surge Protector

My list for very near future:
  1. New Head Unit
  2. CB
  3. CB Antenna
  4. WiFi Antenna
  5. Cellular Antenna/Boost
  6. Router
  7. Reseal All the Roof with Dicor and Eternabond

My list for the distant future - a few months
  1. Solar and Battery upgrade
  2. Dolly for Toad - Can't do 4 down
  3. LED Lights all around
  4. Maybe suspension upgrade - for tail wag
  5. Jotto Desk for Laptop with Delorme Maps
  6. Desk of some kind instead of dinette table
  7. Door Handle light
Old 07-02-2015, 07:01 PM   #152
Winnebago Owner

Ok, Thanks Rick! The light kit is due in here tomorrow, we're gonna light that handle! And I'll post pix!
On another note, our model has a swing out 47" Samsung TV. I have been a tad concerned about the large amount of metal in the mounting bracket, heat dissipation-wise. Well the tv started acting up, just lately (of course, it went out of warranty in May!) and died! We have installed a new one, AND an electric fan to sit on the shelf behind it, hopefully to keep it from overheating. Has anyone heard of this as a common issue with the Samsung TV, or the mounting bracket?
Old 07-03-2015, 07:47 AM   #153
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Ok, Thanks Rick! The light kit is due in here tomorrow, we're gonna light that handle! And I'll post pix!
On another note, our model has a swing out 47" Samsung TV. I have been a tad concerned about the large amount of metal in the mounting bracket, heat dissipation-wise. Well the tv started acting up, just lately (of course, it went out of warranty in May!) and died! We have installed a new one, AND an electric fan to sit on the shelf behind it, hopefully to keep it from overheating. Has anyone heard of this as a common issue with the Samsung TV, or the mounting bracket?
Your welcome. I can't understand why they stopped putting this little feature on the coach.

What's up with "heat"??? Where is that coming from?
Old 07-03-2015, 08:57 PM   #154
Winnie-Wise

Changes you have made to your Meridian or Journey??

CBreed, the 42E does not come with a remote compartment door lock system. You need to lock or unlock each door with a key. You will need to install electric actuators on each door, run 450 feet of wire, install four relays, and connect all the wires to the existing door lock controller. I have lots of spreadsheets I can send you if interested.
>> Dennis
Old 07-04-2015, 12:49 PM   #155
Winnebago Owner

Speaking of coax cabling. Y'all might want to check the end barrels on your satellite cables. We have become friends with the owner of a Dish Service Company who pointed out that our "clear" barrels could cause us problems as they are outdated and not safe for today's new equipment. The new barrels are blue in color, and the coax cable should be cat 6. We were discussing my moving our hopper receiver from the house to the coach and adding two wireless Joeys. As long as the dish we buy is compatible, we are good to go. Have any of y'all heard, done any of this? I can be lead....😂😁
Old 07-05-2015, 06:54 AM   #156
Winnie-Wise

Yoders2Go,
Your friend is correct, I also heard the “white” or “clear” barrels can get hot from the increased electrical current, then melt, and short out a lot of systems. I had to take out the existing connectors and replace them (even on the roof at the satellite) and replace them with the blue ones.
I have two Hoppers and a Joey. When I am home I leave the second Hopper in the motorhome but I connect it via the external satellite to the stick house system so that it continues to record my wife’s favorite programs. (Note: I have to disconnect it from the Solo Node in the motorhome and connect it to the Multi Node in the stick house.)
For the motorhome you will need to install a Solo Node (which required two cables coming from the satellite). I will try to attach a photo. A Hopper needs two lines so you can view tv on one line and record on the other.
I also attached an Over the Air Adapter (USB OTA Adapter) and connected it to the Jack antenna so that I can load the local channels into the Hopper. The local channels then show on your menu and you can Record them on the Hopper.
I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:11 PM   #157
Winnie-Wise

Using the Hopper nearly two years now, with the Wineguard Traveller dish, works great. No Joeys on board though.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:49 PM   #158
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Speaking of coax cabling. Y'all might want to check the end barrels on your satellite cables. We have become friends with the owner of a Dish Service Company who pointed out that our "clear" barrels could cause us problems as they are outdated and not safe for today's new equipment. The new barrels are blue in color, and the coax cable should be cat 6. We were discussing my moving our hopper receiver from the house to the coach and adding two wireless Joeys. As long as the dish we buy is compatible, we are good to go. Have any of y'all heard, done any of this? I can be lead....😂😁

What exactly is CAT6 coax? That's a term to describe 4pr data cable. Are you talking about RG6 ?

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:52 PM   #159
ADA
Winnebago Camper

Help with old TV removal?

I just acquired a 2007 Meridan 36g and the first project is to update the TVs. Being new at this, I am asking for advice on how to get the old ones out simply and safely.

Does the front TV back cowl come down? How are the button fasteners removed? Does the TV come out the front or back?

How does the back TV come down? Does the floor need to be removed? I have the top molding strip off, but hesitate to unscrew the brace behind it till I know where I am going.

Many thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150705_161110434.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	99248   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150705_161151888.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	99249  

Old 07-05-2015, 02:55 PM   #160
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Mike View Post
Lots of great ideas in here, some I will steal for myself

Done or to be done within days:[LIST=1][*]40" LED Smart TV w/ Cabinet Space and Extending Arm[*]Replaced the VCR/DVD with Xbox One and Apple TV[*]Added Xbox 360 and Sony PS3[*]AMP-L-Start[*]Natures Head Composting Toilet[*]Oxygenics Fury RV Shower Head[*]1 UP USA Bike Rack[*]EEZRV TPMS[*]Garmin RV 760LMT GPS[*]Fantastic Fan w/ Remote - Still in box - Install next week[*]3 - #10 Fire Extinguishers[*]Winchester 7 CF Safe in W/D Space - Still Need to Move In[*]Wood Laminate Floor - Done by Dealer[*]Rear TV already replaced with 26" LCD by previous owner[*]Underneath storage tubes x 2 for sewer by previous owner[*]Converted 50A hot tub outlet on house to 50A RV outlet[*]Progressive Industries EMSHW50C Surge Protector
---snip---
Curious about a few of these:
-Where will you fit a 40" without killing cabinet space?
-Composting toilet to replace the existing? Are you removing or abandoning the existing tank?
-Underneath storage tubes: got pix or can describe where they are?

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey