Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-20-2021, 03:55 PM   #1
spurguy

Center table for Vista 27N.

I have a 2015 Vista 27N and am wondering if it is possible to install a table pedestal just rearward of the motor doghouse, similar to the table used in the 27P between the captains chairs.. I haven't yet pulled my doghouse but I would think it should be the same as the 27P. Has anyone attempted this on their 27N?
Thanks in advance for your advice.
spurguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 07:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

What we did, and I don't have pictures at the moment, is to buy an indoor/outdoor "poof" from Homegoods. It's extremely lightweight (basically a round - or square - fabric covered piece of something akin to styrofoam...) but sturdy enough to double as a seat. We set it just behind the doghouse when camped, and use one of the corian sink covers as the topper. It is simple, highly functional, and lightweight. Now that we have it, we don't know how we lived without it.
IOS 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 07:24 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Here is what I did...

Center Table for Vista 27N Thread
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:39 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

You can buy the pieces on eBay and Amazon for pretty cheap. IIRC there are different length poles, so measure while sitting in the seats to determine how tall you want the table. My INTENT came with a very small center table, so I made a much larger one so my wife can work when needed. The base is offset so the table uses the empty space over the dog house. Very sturdy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	25E2CF0F-FB34-4FEB-B10D-5918D019889B.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	178450  
Old 04-21-2021, 07:50 AM   #5
spurguy

Center table for Vista 27N

Thanks for the responses. I ordered a Sequoia pedestal with bases from Camping World (almost half the price at Amazon) and my cousin who is a cabinet maker is going to make the tabletop. Thanks again for your help.
Old 04-21-2021, 09:44 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

YGoHom - did you have to drill into the floor (like a recessed hole) for your table or do you perhaps have it sticking up? I don't think the ones that are up a bit would be a trip hazard since you're right around the bulky doghouse anyhow.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:48 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Mine came with a recessed hole, but I believe that I could have done the same. Check your floor, you probably have a lot of clearance below. A drill and jig saw and you’re good to go!
Old 04-21-2021, 11:00 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Will do - one thing I do like about working on these units is the clearance underneath. Sometimes you can sit up making life so much better!
Old 04-22-2021, 12:27 PM   #9
spurguy

I haven't received my table leg and bases yet, but the Sequoia Table Leg System (Google it for more details) does not require a hole in the floor. The leg locks into the base by turning it and has a collar that tightens down onto the base. Looks like a very secure and stable system. I'll update after installation. Might be awhile as my cousin in PA is making the tabletop and I'm in Florida. ��
Old 04-25-2021, 08:39 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

27N

We did exactly what your talking about. We took one table leg from the double tables, built ourselves an 18 by 32 in table top, installed a metal base just in front of the doghouse between the two front seats. The table and leg store under the sofa when traveling, and when we’re parked we can turn the seats around and either use it for meals or as a coffee table between them. When eating we turn it the 32 wide between the seats, and as a coffee table we turn it 18 wide between seats. The leg stand is an above ground kind, screwed down to the floor, not a sunken one like the original table legs. Cost us only for the table leg base and I think that was about $8. We made the table out of a piece of wood we had; oh and I forgot, we put a table leg base in the bottom of the table too, so we had to buy two of those, one for the floor and one for the table top. We don’t even know what we did with the original tables now. I know we put them away somewhere.
Joette is offline   Reply With Quote