Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2007, 03:59 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Does anyone know where the hookups are for a CB radio in the 06 Journeys? I am pretty sure we are pre-wired but I am not certain. I think there is a CB antenna next to the air horns on the roof. I see wires that look "ready to use" under the dash and in the small compartment to the right of the gas pedal. Any pictures and advise would be appreciated.

Also - anyone have recommendations on what type/model of CB to buy?
flashajt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:59 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Does anyone know where the hookups are for a CB radio in the 06 Journeys? I am pretty sure we are pre-wired but I am not certain. I think there is a CB antenna next to the air horns on the roof. I see wires that look "ready to use" under the dash and in the small compartment to the right of the gas pedal. Any pictures and advise would be appreciated.

Also - anyone have recommendations on what type/model of CB to buy?
flashajt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:12 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

look on the floor on left its behind the plastic foot rest for your left foot. Don
Old 10-16-2007, 07:48 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

The CB prep wires are normally wrapped in plastic ...positive & negative leads and antenna coax. As Don indicates, they normally are on the left of the driver foot position.

As for type/model, you likely will get lots of preferences suggested. I've had CBs for many years and have learned the antenna is much more important than the radio. For my MH, I got a Cobra 75WST because it is very compact with all controls in the handset so no hassle figuring out where to mount the main unit where I could reach the controls, and it has weather radio built in.

After you get a CB installed, be sure to have the antenna SWR checked/adjusted. Any local CB shop should have an SWR meter and know how to check it. Transmitting with the SWR not properly adjusted can damage your radio.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:19 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

It is located behind the kick panel on the left hand floor. They can be real fun trying to find along with the trailer brake controller lines. They do a very good job at hiding them. If you feel around on the floor at the base of the kick panel you will feel the self tapping screws that sceure the kick panel. We had to remove those so that we could see behind the kick panel. Once located just re-install the screws.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:41 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Since yours is like mine (I know you have the SE model) then you will find as the other posters said tucked under the steering column in a plastic bag if your lucky. However what do you plan to do for an antenna since the SE (my understanding) does not come with one? I used a glass mounted one that I will be glad to send some pics of this to you. Works fairly well but not super.
James, check your email box-Pics should be there
Good luck
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:24 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Nothin' to add. That's where mine was as well, all wrapped up in a plastic bag and clearly marked.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote