Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2019, 07:25 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Cat C7 Fuel Filter Relocate

Good morning I own a 2007 Journey 39K with the Cat C7 engine and I am looking to relocate the fuel filter that's mounted on top of the engine as it requires a substantial effort to change it and want it in a more accessible spot has anyone out there ever done this?I would prefer the filter be mounted near the fuel/water separator at the back of the coach thanks for your time.
Chmielowiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Here's how I did mine: Relocated Fuel Filter & Added Priming Pump

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 08:47 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thank you very much for the info I was able to obtain the primer pump parts and am beginning the project today.
Chmielowiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 01:34 PM   #4
Mercman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
I have seen your pictures of the fuel filter relocation on the C7 Cat. I’ve got a question about the fuel lines. Does the fuel line run from the engine to the water separator and then from the water separator to the secondary filter? And then from the secondary filter to the fuel injection pump? Why can’t the secondary filter be located directly adjacent to the water separator? I guess I’m confused at the plumbing left where the secondary filter used to be.
Mercman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 01:44 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercman View Post
I have seen your pictures of the fuel filter relocation on the C7 Cat. I’ve got a question about the fuel lines. Does the fuel line run from the engine to the water separator and then from the water separator to the secondary filter? And then from the secondary filter to the fuel injection pump? Why can’t the secondary filter be located directly adjacent to the water separator? I guess I’m confused at the plumbing left where the secondary filter used to be.
The fuel line runs from the tank to the primary filter/water separator and then from there to the secondary filter and then to the fuel injection pump. As originally installed the secondary filter came from CAT mounted on the engine and the primary filter was installed by Freightliner at the back of the chassis. When my secondary filter was relocated to the back of the chassis for easier access the two fuel lines running to/from it just connect the two points on the engine where the filter was originally located--no other changes were made (except the addition of the priming pump on the secondary filter housing).

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, fuel