Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Cool Can't seem to pump anti-freeze - 03 Journey

I think my water pump lost it's prime. Drained all the lines and tanks, flipped the switches to Bypass and Winterize. The switch lights came on but the pump just runs with no pink stuff coming out of the bottle. Can't figure out how to add pink stuff to the pump. Any help would be well appreciated.
Thanks, Doug 2003 Journey DL 36GD
p00ches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I don't have an answer to your problem but have the same problem with a 2006 Jayco Designer fifth wheel. Blew out water lines and pumped in approx. one gallon of anti-freeze before the pump lost its prime. I am interested in what others experienced and what was done to correct it.
spkwms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Have you got at least one faucet open so the antifreeze has a place to go? Just a thought.
LEHAFER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Can't seem to pump anti-freeze

LEHAVER, Yes, I did have the bathroom sink faucet open. I may have to open a water line, above the pump, and pour in pink stuff, to get some into the pump. I was hoping to not have to do that. Thanks, ....Doug
Old 10-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #5

Do not drain the lines first. Just pump the pink and then open each faucet and drain one at a time. No need to drain and blow if you are going to pump the pink. I did it for years on a Jayco fiver and never had a problem. When you drain and blow you can loose your prime, or you are bucking air instead of fluid. Put it on city water and fill all lines and get all the air out and start over, with full lines and it should pump the pink stuff then.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Smile Can't seem to pump anti-freeze

KSCRUDE,
I did what you advised. I started over. Added water from the city inlet, and started pumping pink stuff. Worked great. Guess my "Winterize" solenoid is ok after all. Can't figure out why in many past years I've always been able to pump after draining the lines. Anyway, many thanks. ....Doug
Old 10-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I did my 03 Journey this weekend also and one thing I found out was to open the low point drain valve below the pump for a few seconds and the pink stuff started flowing.

p00ches - do you flip the levers behind the small door in the water compartment as well as flipping the 2 switches in the bathroom? Or are those only for the manual mode?

Thanks
Ben

Tags
journey