Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2021, 01:20 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Wink Can anyone point me to a good match to the original overhead cabinets peel and stick

I am in the middle of installing a new entertainment system with a new 43" Flat screen TV in my 2000 29U 29'-4" long Minnie Winnie. I am trying to find the correct matching peel and stick wallpaper to cover new pieces above and below the TV I am installing. I am trimming it out to be flush all the way across the cabinets and TV. I drew this all up in 3D to make sure all the parts will fit perfectly with the TV I selected. I just need to find a source for the correct color and grain of the original wallpaper used in production of these Minnie Winnies back in 2000.

I called Winnebago and they said they couldn't help me. I have read that they are usually very helpful in things like this but they didn't want to even give me the original color used on my Minnie so I could search for the correct color and type of wood it simulates. If anyone can't point me towards a source I would be forever grateful. If I could source the wallpaper needed I could maybe manufacture kits to convert other Minnies of this generation. I have been a designer for over 37 years and I use Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor as well as AutoCAD. I am not sure if there would even be a market for this but if I at least get my own done, I will be a lot happier for sure.

Jesse
jessquirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 03:13 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

You might try looking around here, you may find something.
https://www.winnebago.com/owners/owner-resources

Or these folks may have info for you
https://www.lichtsinn.com/

Good Luck
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:27 AM   #3
Site Team

You sound surprised that they could not provide the details on some wallpaper used in an RV 22 yrs ago? Even if you found it the years and UV would cause the new stuff to be so vastly different that nothing would match.

Is it wall covering you’re looking for or vinyl wood-like trim? Your title looks like it’s the vinyl trim but your post keeps saying “wallpaper.” Either one would be seriously effected by time and sunlight.

Can you find some hidden place on the RV that could removed to provide what you need? Other than that perhaps you can use something that looks complementary but not close to surrounding materials.
Old 12-06-2021, 04:29 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Well it should not matter how long it's been a wood type or grain doesn't change. I just need to know what type to even look for so I could try to match it up. Sorry if I didn't use the correct wording. I am looking for peel and stick wood grain to cover new wood parts I am using to match the existing. Instead of nitpicking my wording it would be a little more helpful if you could maybe be a little more understanding. If you can find or tell me the color or type I am even looking for that would be great. You don't need to scold me over my verbiage not being the way you think it should be. I thought this site was to help owners with problems, not grammar class.

If I wanted to compliment the existing I wouldn't have asked if anyone could tell me the original wood grain or color so I can try getting something close. I know the EXACT ORIGINAL materials probably aren't available. No I don't have a place on the motorhome that I could donate any wood from. It's all being utilized in the complete assembly.
jessquirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 05:04 PM   #5
Site Team

Very sorry to have offended you. I wasn't nitpicking your wording - just asking for clarification. Sorry for any confusion. I was seriously just trying to be helpful.

Best of luck finding the information you are looking for. I hope it turns out great.
Old 12-06-2021, 06:18 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

If you go to the Winnebago site suggested above and lookup the 2000 minnie winnie interior listings, they tell you the various colors that were available that year.
Romer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 06:49 PM   #7
Site Team

Winnebago has some good info on their site, mentioned below. I picked a 2000 Minnie Winnie and found on Page 72 the following vinyl wraps used:
WATERFORD OAK FT T-MOLDING - 1.3"
WASHED MAPLE FT T-MOLDING - 1.3"
SALEM CHERRY FT T-MOLDING - 1.3"
Perusing the pdf might give you the info you need. Best of luck to you, and I’d love to see a photo of your finished project!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 05:05 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

I think macnut is referring to the 2000 Minnie Winnie parts catalog which can be found here:

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

Note, there are two 29Us listed, a WF429U and a WF429U DL. I don't know what the differences are or which model you have.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 04:57 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I’ll second the vote for Lichtsinn, I needed a strip of replacement wallpaper and they were able to locate and confirm it matched my coach via a couple of cell phone pics.

I’ve used a couple times for various items and they have been very good to work with, I’ll use again when the need arises.
Old 12-07-2021, 07:53 PM   #10
Proud “No Intent” Owner

I ordered some “batts” tape for my walls and cabinetry. It’s what Winnebago uses to patch up seams and defects.
I just called Winnebagoparts.com and they had it in rolls. That said, my RV is a 2018. They may very well not have it still for your year.
Old 12-08-2021, 07:59 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessquirl View Post
Well it should not matter how long it's been a wood type or grain doesn't change. I just need to know what type to even look for so I could try to match it up. Sorry if I didn't use the correct wording. I am looking for peel and stick wood grain to cover new wood parts I am using to match the existing. Instead of nitpicking my wording it would be a little more helpful if you could maybe be a little more understanding. If you can find or tell me the color or type I am even looking for that would be great. You don't need to scold me over my verbiage not being the way you think it should be. I thought this site was to help owners with problems, not grammar class.

If I wanted to compliment the existing I wouldn't have asked if anyone could tell me the original wood grain or color so I can try getting something close. I know the EXACT ORIGINAL materials probably aren't available. No I don't have a place on the motorhome that I could donate any wood from. It's all being utilized in the complete assembly.
Crying like a baby won't get you want you want. Do your research on winnebago's site , or go call Lichtsinn . we are trying to help.
deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 05:28 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Pictures are worth a thousand words, but not knowing what you have or what your shooting for other than wood grain of some species I’d suggest a wood veneer may work?

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchT...log=4294402498
Old 12-22-2021, 05:07 PM   #13
CZBB RV6A 2008 29R Sight

I’m sorry but with only 2 posts to your name I think a little respect is in order. I’m a nice guy and love helping out those that earn it.

Merry Christmas and good luck with your search. Remember to let us know how you fixated the problem or found your stuff.

So the next person doesn’t have to go through what you are.
Old 12-22-2021, 09:36 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Since its a 2000 Minnie Winnie a quick jaunt to the Brochure Archive at Winnebago reveals only two choices, Waterford Oak and Salem Cherry which came in sheets of dimensional panel stock and trim with the imitation wood-grain veneer already applied to it.

Too access the Brochure Archive see: https://www.winnebago.com/brochure-archive

Unfortunately the manufacturer of that materiel likely no longer produces that particular tint and you have to search for a closest match or a contrasting materiel.

When renovating a Motor Home you need to vet these things out before demolition and if the materials are no longer available use the least destructive means to remove the old so you can save as much as possible for re-use.

Sometimes you can go to Home Depot or Lowes and find an in-stock kitchen cabinet that matches close enough and then purchase a filler piece from them.

See: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-...0-MO/100555184

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-...K-MO/100569792

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-...P-MO/202266816

Or you can just purchase any unfinished solid wood or veneered material, find a close match to the stain that is a little lighter and then tint it to a more perfect match yourself varnishing it when your done.
Old 12-23-2021, 02:41 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessquirl View Post
I am in the middle of installing a new entertainment system with a new 43" Flat screen TV in my 2000 29U 29'-4" long Minnie Winnie. I am trying to find the correct matching peel and stick wallpaper to cover new pieces above and below the TV I am installing. I am trimming it out to be flush all the way across the cabinets and TV. I drew this all up in 3D to make sure all the parts will fit perfectly with the TV I selected. I just need to find a source for the correct color and grain of the original wallpaper used in production of these Minnie Winnies back in 2000.

I called Winnebago and they said they couldn't help me. I have read that they are usually very helpful in things like this but they didn't want to even give me the original color used on my Minnie so I could search for the correct color and type of wood it simulates. If anyone can't point me towards a source I would be forever grateful. If I could source the wallpaper needed I could maybe manufacture kits to convert other Minnies of this generation. I have been a designer for over 37 years and I use Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor as well as AutoCAD. I am not sure if there would even be a market for this but if I at least get my own done, I will be a lot happier for sure.

Jesse
Try this: https://wisewoodveneer.com/product/p...veneer-sheets/. Dennis
djswinnebago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 06:02 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

For many of the coaches manufactured since the 1990's Winnebago often still has the CAD data to cut the various panels using the their CNC machines so if you can find a close enough color and grain match in a more current model coach they may be able provide the part using that materiel. I'm not sure they would put materiel you send them through their production line. They are also usually very good about providing digital copies of their drawings when you need to work on one of their coaches.