Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2016, 10:58 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Cameras .. 2016/17 Journey 36M

Hey guys .. sitting here having a Bloody Mary exploring my new rig .. a handful of issues (and having to be towed to Freightliner and *enjoying* a 4 day stay due to a 5v sensor wire being rubbed through) .. my list is fairly short.

Typical wait time at the dealer is 2 weeks to get things fixed, but I've knocked out most of the small stuff, here's what's left:

1) Small water leak
2) NAV/AV unit bluetooth microphone doesn't work
3) Right side camera doesn't work
4) 4x4 HDMI Matrix ... VERY heat sensitive ... definitely gets flakey when it's hot

For today, on a boring Sunday .. I was wondering if any of you guys knew where the camera "unit/box/matrix/concentrator" is? I got under the dash and the only thing connected to the head units are power and an HDMI cable .. but I can't seem to find where those two HDMI cables go as that has to be where the camera "multiplex" or whatever it is is .. I want to put my eyes on it .. I'm thinking there's a loose cable .. the Winnie wiring diagrams aren't up yet for 2016/17 or at least nothing helpful.

* The chassis issue, Freightliner was very responsive in getting us towed on a Sunday, very pleased with the way that was handled even though it took the 3 days to find the issue.

Thanks for any help!
bkervaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 11:09 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

bkervaski, it is located behind the large screen in the center. Don't know how to get to it but here is a drawing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	36M Camera video switcher.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	134587  
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 11:23 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks!!!

Where did you find that drawing???
Old 07-31-2016, 01:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Winnie factory replaced the whole IR/ Matrix system two years ago.
Was having issues earlier this year. Matrix said replace the power cord, which we did. Yesterday day the shore power wenout for a few seconds. Inside tv and out side TV.Worked ok. Bedroom last eve at bed time wouldn't. Reset and all. Shut all down and wen to,bed. Works so to day. Ours gets super hot in the cabinet. Keep the doors open when in operation. Have pointed a AC vent towards the cabinet.Contiplating putting a fan somewhere to ventilat better.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:55 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

bkervaski, here is the link for the 3D parts catalog. You have to load a viewer to look at the drawings. I wish I could said it is plug and play. Works best on my desktop running Windows 7 Pro and Explorer 11 in campatiable mode.
Parts Catalog
Old 07-31-2016, 05:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppopc View Post
Winnie factory replaced the whole IR/ Matrix system two years ago.
Was having issues earlier this year. Matrix said replace the power cord, which we did. Yesterday day the shore power wenout for a few seconds. Inside tv and out side TV.Worked ok. Bedroom last eve at bed time wouldn't. Reset and all. Shut all down and wen to,bed. Works so to day. Ours gets super hot in the cabinet. Keep the doors open when in operation. Have pointed a AC vent towards the cabinet.Contiplating putting a fan somewhere to ventilat better.
Hmm .. well, not willing to keep the cabinet doors open or put up with the issues .. time to start shopping an alternative
Old 08-03-2016, 10:59 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2014 Journey and have had issues with the HDMI matrix. To help with the heat issue, I had a usb powered fan for a laptop cooling unit that I pulgged into the DVD player and put the cooling unit under the HDMI matrix. Knock on wood, this has seemed to help. I know someone else more handyman the myself who wired a 12 volt fan to blow across unit. This has helped his problems also. I'm not that brave enough to attempt splicing and wiring like that, so went with the plug n play option.

Leon

2014 Winnebago Journey 36M
Oak Harbor, WA
periopnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 07:59 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
bkervaski, here is the link for the 3D parts catalog. You have to load a viewer to look at the drawings. I wish I could said it is plug and play. Works best on my desktop running Windows 7 Pro and Explorer 11 in campatiable mode.
Parts Catalog
What's the trick? I've never been able to get into it. Do you use the SN or the year, model, color to get in?
Old 08-03-2016, 08:53 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Finhawk, For the 3D parts catalog after you install the viewer pick the model year and model and the 3D parts catalog will load. Then to get the part colors for your coach enter the short serial in the upper right hand corner for Itasca it would be 70 + year code + last 5 of your Winnebago serial number. But the catalog should load without putting in the coach serial number.

Tags
camera, journey