Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2019, 02:59 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Camera issue

I recently purchased a Winnebago 30T Adventurer. I was wondering if any other Winne owners have this problem and how you solved it. The rear and side camers seemed to work fine in the showroom but once I got it out on the freeway the rear is washed out and unclear and the sides are not much better. When I took in to the dealer I bought from they said they could do nothing, that the quality is the best it delivers. Doesn't seem right to me. I checked online to no avail. The back camera is a ASA Voyager. Any help would be appreciated.
Dray1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 08:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Find your VIN and the Winnie serial number (on the plaque next to the driver) and give their service dept a call. They are often very helpful with questions like yours. I'm going to guess that there are accessible controls somewhere you can get to them to adjust the brightness and the contrast to your liking. Maybe under the dash cover. Maybe adjustable with a small screw driver. If not, I would not be a happy camper myself.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:47 PM   #3
Site Team

The rear camera on my Minnie Winnie 22M is clear, unless road dirt runs it afoul. The side mirror cameras are another issue. Both cameras get foggy after the vehicle has been operating for a half-hour or so, with the passenger side being the worse of the two. Cold weather seems to accelerate the blurriness, and it is not surface fogging of the lens. The dealership has replaced my right-hand mirror camera already, but the replacement camera has the same fault. I am scheduled for another visit in a month to evaluate my cameras and hopefully replace them with revised cameras. I cannot help but believe that Winnebago knows of the problem with these parts, and I hope they will replace both mirror cameras without opposition.
Old 12-31-2019, 11:57 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thank you.
Old 01-01-2020, 05:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I have the same issue with my 2019 30T. My dealer says they will look at it when I take it in next week. I’ll post if I get any satisfaction.
TTTCLAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:48 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks I'll be interested what they say.
My dealer said they could do nothing, that I've got about as good as it gets.
Also what climates have you used yours in?
The heat pumps are crap when it's below about 30 degrees F.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:03 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I don't have high hopes of getting the camera issue resolved but I'll post it here.
Heat pumps aren't designed to work at temps that low. When they can't maintain the temp you have set, the furnace is supposed to come on automatically, ours does. Here is a link that helps explain heating in an RV. Hope it helps.
TTTCLAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 11:14 AM   #8
Site Team

I switched out my voyager camera and monitor for a color LED monitor and color rear camera. (Factory on our 2010 was B/W for both.) I ordered from rvcams.com and what I received was plug and play to the factory wiring.

As for the heat pump, we move to the gas heat when it's going to go below 40 or so. That way the internal temp is maintained and the plumbing lines (that mostly run with the furnace ducts) are also kept from getting too cold and freezing.
I think when the heat pump tries and can't keep the temps within 3 degrees of the set temp the gas furnace will kick in.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:19 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

TTTCLAG- Thanks for info.
No link was added.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:19 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

ThomB Thanks for info.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:25 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Sorry about that