Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #121
Winnebago Camper

I hope our replacement parts are ok. We are just now having them replaced. All of them. We will see. We have a 2012 Winnebago Adventurer 37F Ford F-53.
Verlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #122
Winnebago Owner

We just ATTEMPTED to pick up our coach yet again. This time the slide molding is completely missing and the bathroom cabinet parts came in wrong for the 5th or sixth time. They had it for two weeks and repaired little. The service manager told us he does not believe his shop can repair our RV. He suggests having it returned to the factory. Hopefully, the factory rep we've been dealing has some good ideas, but as of now our summer plans are ruined.
ChileRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #123
Winnie-Wise

I cannot believe the lousy luck you are having! All of our cabinet faces were replaced in one shot, all were correct. Found one small spot on the refrigerator that might need replacement and the dealer reordered and we will get it when we return in the fall but so far the piece is fine, it was a small spot and I reattached it and so far its held.....I am wondering about the quality of you dealer...
Old 08-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #124
Winnebago Owner

Yeah, well, on top of all the cabinet issues, we now have a dinette table that will not lock in place, so we can't even take it anywhere because it's too dangerous for any passengers to have that giant piece of wood swinging around where they are sitting. Not to mention how it would scare the dog. We thought we'd like having an RV., not so much right now.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #125
Winnie-Wise

Do you have the booth? That's a pretty easy setup
Old 08-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #126
Winnebago Owner

Yes we have a u-shaped booth. The rectangular table spins around on the pedestal and the corners will take out anyone sitting in the seat belts.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #127
Winnebago Owner

Update on our saga. Our rep from Winnebago has been in contact with our dealer and then us. The dealers excuse is lack of enough trained staff. Our Winnebago rep is going to expedite the required parts from the factory and try to get a "journeyman" tech from another shop to come to our dealers shop and perform the remaining repairs on our coach. We hope he can pull that off. He couldn't apologize enough. We agreed on a completion date of August 31, for all outstanding repairs. We'll see how this all works out.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #128
Winnebago Owner

Winnebago QC

It is sad to read this these post of Winnebago customers buying new coaches and then having to leave there coach for months at a time at a dealership and still having to make payments and losing out on all those lost trips.We special ordered our 2011 Sightseer a 35 J .The first year was a mess.We had a TV go out rear camera go out a slide motor and control board out and a lot of other things to many to mention.I feel if it is Winnebago fault they should have to pay for all the down time and cost to its customers.We had a 200 mile round trip to our dealer at at 8 miles a gallon on a good day the gas should be paid for.I refused to leave my coach at the dealer for months at a time and had to do the service manger job with the TV and rear camera.I called the venders my self told them what was the problem and they sent me the return number to get the replacement.When the dealer received the parts then and only then would we release our coach to the dealer.Winnebago kept blaming there venders for all our problems.But it Winnebago trying to save a buck that puts these cheep parts in.We the customer should not have to be there guinea pig to figure out all these problems. We have the motor aid and it took three different dealers to fined out the problem while we did not have hot water when we got to our campground.It was found that in the hurry to get it out they crimped the hose under and they cut off a section and made it shorter to work.It is things like this that took us over a year to get fixed.Winnebago is verr sorry and try to make you feel all warm and fussy inside but the need a over haul in quality control so the customers do not have to go through all this.If this was a car it would have been sent back as a LEMON .Lets hope Winnebago reads this and gets there act together.
ct78barnes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sightseer