Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #61
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by motohomer View Post
Yikes.
Who is the dealer that did that?
I want to be sure we never go there.
I have found that you rarely get the best price and the best service at the same place.
McMahon's RV in Palm Desert.
ChileRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #62
Winnebago Owner

Thanks ChileRick. We will be sure & steer clear of them.
You may want to mass email the pics and your story to every one at Winnebago corporate you can find. Theres no excuse for work that shoddy.

The Journey/Meridians are a mix of hardwood & laminate, The Tour/Ellipses are all hardwood.
I could be wrong but I believe the laminate issue was isolated to a assembly period in 2011. All 2013's should be fine, and any 'bad' units should be showing the wrinkling issue by now.
- Note: ours was assembled in July 2011 & had bad face-frames in the bedroom, bath, and shower room. Kitchen & living room were fine. And all continue to be fine.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #63
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by motohomer View Post
Thanks ChileRick. We will be sure & steer clear of them.
You may want to mass email the pics and your story to every one at Winnebago corporate you can find. Theres no excuse for work that shoddy.

The Journey/Meridians are a mix of hardwood & laminate, The Tour/Ellipses are all hardwood.
I could be wrong but I believe the laminate issue was isolated to a assembly period in 2011. All 2013's should be fine, and any 'bad' units should be showing the wrinkling issue by now.
- Note: ours was assembled in July 2011 & had bad face-frames in the bedroom, bath, and shower room. Kitchen & living room were fine. And all continue to be fine.
Already did that, right after we shared them with the dealer. The dealer is working with one designated person from Winnebago and we have a dedicated service contact with them as well.

Our problems are worse than most, every fascia on every cabinet and all of the moldings on both slides went bad. Another note to this issue is that it seems to be limited to the Vienna coffee maple finish from 2011 assemblies.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #64
Winnie-Wise

[QUOTE=ChileRick;1435147]We had the same conversation and assurances, These are some of problems /results we had to deal with

Yikes!!!I sure hope we don't experience that!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #65
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileRick View Post
McMahon's RV in Palm Desert.
I have heard nothing good about this dealership.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #66
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoafan View Post

I have heard nothing good about this dealership.
We don't know if they are any worse than your average RV dealer, but the point is there are probably not enough "cabinet certified" techs out there with the talent to deal with possibly hundreds of Winnebago and itasca RV's built with these defective cabinets, and, therefor much of the repair work could end up looking like ours.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #67
Winnebago Owner

The cherry finish is affected too. Our 2011 Journey has the issue on the frames of the bedroom over-the-bed cabinet as well as the frame of the medicine cabinet.
mjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #68
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjeffrey View Post
The cherry finish is affected too...
Ours is/was also forest cherry. Same locations + cabinet over toilet.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #69
Winnebago Owner

Talked to a lemon law lawyer, he said, since it is over 10,000 lbs it is, in California, a commercial vehicle. The best we could hope for, if Winnebago can't fix the cabinets properly, is to sue for diminished value, and get a check for the amount that the cabinets would decrease the re-sale value of the RV. Since the repair is not complete, we are in limbo. It would be nice to be able to put stuff back in the cabinets and drawers though.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #70
Winnie-Wise

Spoke to the dealer, still waiting for one piece, should be here next week and then will schedule replacement...told would be two days or more.. Here's hoping for good results!!
Old 02-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #71
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by garykk View Post
Spoke to the dealer, still waiting for one piece, should be here next week and then will schedule replacement...told would be two days or more.. Here's hoping for good results!!
Keep us posted. We have our fingers crossed.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #72
Winnebago Camper

We just purchased a new 2012 Winnebago Adventurer 37F with bad cabinet vinyl covered fascia boards. The dealer told us that Winnebago had a bad run of this covering and will be replacing all of it free on our new RV Warranty.
Verlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #73
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verlyn View Post
We just purchased a new 2012 Winnebago Adventurer 37F with bad cabinet vinyl covered fascia boards. The dealer told us that Winnebago had a bad run of this covering and will be replacing all of it free on our new RV Warranty.
The "bad run" has lasted over a year. Winnebago continues to send new parts and most of them are bad. We are waiting on our 5th set of parts, originally due in February, now expected in April. We're really tired of the hassle and constantly having to remove everything from the coach to get stuff fixed, then have it not fixed and getting a date for another set of parts. Thank god we aren't full-timers.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #74
Winnie-Wise

When I talked to the dealer the other day I asked the warranty person if they had opened the boxes yet. I told her that it would be a good idea to do so as parts have been damaged etc in shipment and I have experienced that before. She told me they would check. Told her that I would hate to drive the 45 miles to their dealership and have the job half done to find that parts were missing or damaged etc....was told they would check all the parts before calling me.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #75
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by garykk View Post
When I talked to the dealer the other day I asked the warranty person if they had opened the boxes yet. I told her that it would be a good idea to do so as parts have been damaged etc in shipment and I have experienced that before. She told me they would check. Told her that I would hate to drive the 45 miles to their dealership and have the job half done to find that parts were missing or damaged etc....was told they would check all the parts before calling me.
When they call back, ask if they have a certified cabinet tech, just for fun. Our dealer assured us they had the talent to do the job properly, did not ask if any of them were certified.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #76
Winnie-Wise

I'll do that..
Old 02-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #77
Winnie-Wise

Well.....dropped off the MH today for the cabinet face replacements. Dealer told me WB gave them 80 hours to complete the job so they will have it for a couple of weeks anyways.
I asked them if I could watch some of the replacement work but was told due to insurance rules I could not be in the shop....but if I just happened to stop by they could show what has been done so far. I would just like to see how all these cabinets come out...then again maybe not....
Old 02-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #78
Winnie-Wise

Stopped at the dealer today to take a look at how they are coming with the cabinets. Their "wood guy" had three sets done, the one over the cab, the ones along the couch/dinette and the ones over the kitchen counter..looked good, no dings or scratches.....He was doing a good job as far as I could see. He has a lot of work to do yet though..While I was looking around and talking to him, service writer told him another Vista was coming in for the same thing Was told it would be maybe two more weeks...I told him to take as long as he needed....
Old 03-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #79
Winnie-Wise

Called the dealer yesterday, was told they cabinet guy was in the back bedroom now, was told he would be done by the end of the week....Here's hoping all will be well.....
Old 03-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #80
Winnebago Owner

Dropped by our dealer today to see if we could borrow it for a few weeks and go up north next week. They told me they could have it all wrapped up, cleaned up and ready Friday afternoon, no problem. All parts are in and will be installed.
Not holding my breath. We bought a year ago late February, it has been at the dealer 127 days.
GaryKK, we'll have to compare notes next week!

Tags
sightseer