Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-17-2010, 04:29 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Buying a used Winnebago Adventurer

I'm considering the purchase of a used Adventurer. Can anyone tell me what they like or dislike about this motothome.
SEAK100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:43 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

There are a lot of different Adventurers.
You might get better answers if you furnish model number, model year and type of chassis.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAK100 View Post
I'm considering the purchase of a used Adventurer. Can anyone tell me what they like or dislike about this motothome.
Clay has given you good advice about adding a model year and chassis. I have owned a 97 Adventure and my current 03 Chieftain which was replaced by the Adventure. Both are excellent motor homes IMHO.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Model and year would help I own an Adventure and like it alot the only thing I would give it up for is a brand new dessel
Old 11-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Hi,
Yes year and model number along with length. I own and '04 Adventurer that is on a Workhorse chassis and it 33' long. We love it and it has all the ammenities that we like including 2 pantries and 2 slideouts. Winnebago has a lot of neat features including the heat pump, motor-aide heater plus all their normal features. The appliances I think are stamdard in all Winnebagos.

We just returned from a 11,361 mile trip to Alaska and home with it and it was just fine. I did add Koni shocks to it which improved the ride and may add the Sumo Springs at a later date.

Good luck and hope you will enjoy the Adventurer you get.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:42 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I have the sister ship to the adventure and like Tom-NC I have the same set up really find it a breeze to drive. I have a friend that has a 2003 Winnebago Adventure and he also loves the rig. You should not be sorry if the unit has been well maintained.
Dunnpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:13 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We are full timers in an 07 Adventurer on a 38' Workhorse chassis and we love it. Drives really well, it is easy to maintain and the 38J floor plan works really well for us. As someone else said, if the coach has been well maintained you should be OK.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:51 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Hi
we have a 'sister' as well; an Itasca Suncruiser - the 35P (2009)
VERY happy with it - as this was the best floor plan for us
regards, peter
pdq_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:30 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Another SunCruiser 35P owner here. We are very happy with the floor plan and the quality of the interior components. We are a member of a local WIT Group and from the inside living area, there is really no difference between the quality of the materials between an Adventurer/SunCruiser and the Journey/Meridian (Diesel) Models.

We are not full timers, but do use it once a month for weekend outings and a couple week long trips a year. The air suspension of the Diesels is smoother on the road and having a diesel pusher gives you more torque and a quieter ride, but once your at your destination and set up, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference! For us it was hard to justify the added cost of a diesel for what we use it for...
Gotta_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:20 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

When we started looking at Adventurers we began taking note of the differences in the different model years. For example, the '02 and older had a popup counter that extended into the stairwell (silly!) whereas the '03 and newer extended into the kitchen. Also the W-22 chassis didn't have the 22.5 wheels (a big advantage INMO) in 2002 and older. Another thing you will notice is the difference in the size of the doghouse between the Ford and Workhorse chassis. My wife (who is short) had a hard time getting in and out of the passengers seat in the Ford as it has a huge doghouse whereas the Workhorse is practically non-existant (that's because they designed it with the engine much lower in the chassis). Another advantage of the WH platform is the bulletproof Allison tranny (can you tell I'm sold on the WH!). About my only complaint so far is amount of noise the water pump makes. We were boondocking at a friend's house and every time we used any water we woke up the wife (in the house!). Anyone else have this problem? I'm thinking about designing a rubber mount and a soundproof box for it.
Anyway you look at it, there is a reason why the Adventurer is the number one selling gas class A in America! If you find one with a floorplan you like and has been well maintained, buy it because it won't be there long! Good luck.
Rod
Old 11-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for your thoughtful response ... we ended up with a 39' coachman sport coach diesel in pristine condition. Rich
Old 11-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

We bought a 34' 1996 Adventurer w/slide out on a Ford f53 chassie,with 33,000 miles. It was spotless and well maintained, previous owner left all manuals and reciets.We had a few issues with it, we replaced fuel pump and altenator, and a rear wheel bearing,and I replaced the brakes (all 4) disc and both frt. calipers ( left was leaking). We like the layout rear queen,jack knife sofa (very comfortable in bed position) plenty of storage,
shower is roomy enough.We like it,we went on a 3 week trip last summer(09) to Disney World. There we 4 of us,and 2 dogs, we had plenty of room.I would buy another Adventurer again.
RV LYONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:57 PM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

Good luck and have fun with your new toy!!! Rich