Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2005, 06:24 AM   #1
PDB
Winnebago Camper

I noticed yesterday that the wallpaper in the galley has formed an area over the sink about a foot by 6" that is covered with tiny bumps. Sort of like the wall is very, VERY rough sandpaper.
Can anyone tell me what this is? I thought matbe there is a furnace duct behind the wall and it was boiling glue under the wallpaper, or something.
Thanks.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd
PDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 06:24 AM   #2
PDB
Winnebago Camper

I noticed yesterday that the wallpaper in the galley has formed an area over the sink about a foot by 6" that is covered with tiny bumps. Sort of like the wall is very, VERY rough sandpaper.
Can anyone tell me what this is? I thought matbe there is a furnace duct behind the wall and it was boiling glue under the wallpaper, or something.
Thanks.

Old 12-29-2005, 07:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Mu guess is that it is caused by moisture. We have an identical situation in our bedroom where we had the slide leak. The wallboard is as exactly as you describe.

Right above our gally sink are mirrors - maybe that's why they are there (not to mention aesthetics.)

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:12 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

If you have a window I would check your sealent around window you may have a leak. The inside wall board is the weaker wall covering before fiber-glass starts to ripple. When you have your awning closed the water leaks suddenly appear, had leak thru top of furnace, never sealed, that worked its way under kitchen wood floor. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:40 PM   #5
PDB
Winnebago Camper

John,
I see you have a 40AD floorplan as well. My problem is actually above the mirrors on the right side of the sink, to the right of the cabinet over the sink, and left of the microwave. In between the slide framing and the cabinet. The wall section that is about 9" wide.
Paul

Old 12-30-2005, 03:20 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Paul - perhaps this is the result of minor but continuous amounts of moisture in proximity to the galley? I can't think of what else would cause the bumps. I really don't know if heat would cause the same problem - it would be useful to have a sample of the wallboard to play with to try to duplicate the situation.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 04:02 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Paul, looking at a picture of your galley is it the ceiling directly in front of cabinets or the wall surface above the mirrors?
If its the wall under cabinet, is the wall paper inside of cabinet have the same type surface as you discribe outside under the cabinet?
Can you see the seam at top of slide on outside of slide, exposed to weather, are these sealed good. It would be the outside edge and upper outside ceiling edge of slide.
The reason I ask, some people have had the upper edge of slide that closes against your inside wall not properly sealed, if this was the case your ceiling over cabinets should have a stain. If its the wall of slide check the top edge of slide of outside wall. When you cook on stove you have your fan on to remove moisture from boiling pans, so that moisture, shouldn't efect the wall paper.
You have a nice coach lets try to keep it that way. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote