Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

I just took delivery on my completely rebuilt 2001 Suncruiser coach on April 14 2008 at Forest City, Iowa.
When I took it to the factory it looked like Bonnie and Clyde used it for target practice. Today it is beautiful again, all new side walls, slide and entry door. New graphics, all new inner walls and wainscot that match the originals perfectly. Water leak tested and handed over to me, (no cost). I did have the fogged windows by ATWOOD replaced. I had to pay for the glass, Winnebago furnished the labor, what a difference in looking into your rear view mirrors again and seeing a clear image.
Winnebago sure stepped up to the plate on a six year old coach and made everything right. They make you feel like you are their only customer. I have found no problems at all so far on the 700 mile drive home. There is not a finger print or any dust or dirt left anywhere.
I really believe the replacement sides walls have a much nicer, higher sheen finish, than it did when I bought it new. The accent paint match is perfect. I am one happy camper right now and will recommend WINNEBAGO to everyone.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:23 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I just took delivery on my completely rebuilt 2001 Suncruiser coach on April 14 2008 at Forest City, Iowa.
When I took it to the factory it looked like Bonnie and Clyde used it for target practice. Today it is beautiful again, all new side walls, slide and entry door. New graphics, all new inner walls and wainscot that match the originals perfectly. Water leak tested and handed over to me, (no cost). I did have the fogged windows by ATWOOD replaced. I had to pay for the glass, Winnebago furnished the labor, what a difference in looking into your rear view mirrors again and seeing a clear image.
Winnebago sure stepped up to the plate on a six year old coach and made everything right. They make you feel like you are their only customer. I have found no problems at all so far on the 700 mile drive home. There is not a finger print or any dust or dirt left anywhere.
I really believe the replacement sides walls have a much nicer, higher sheen finish, than it did when I bought it new. The accent paint match is perfect. I am one happy camper right now and will recommend WINNEBAGO to everyone.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

What happened to it? Why did they do this for free. Did it have a bunch of factory defects. Sounds like they did you right, I was just wanting a little more of the story. thanks
Old 04-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

HIGGENS: My coach developed what is called the POP's. Small pencil eraser sized eruptions in the fiberglass sidewalls popped all over the sides. They cannot be repaired. So replacement of the walls inside and out is the only answer. Since it was determined it was defective sidewall material. Winnebago stood behind their product and replaced all the walls. This was done under a customer satisfaction warranty. I for one certainly appreciate a company that will go that extra mile. My coach would have been worthless to sell or trade.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Here is the thread where the problem was discussed (gel coat popping off.) This was a problem that apparently affected quite a few coaches of that vintage.

Winnebago has always treated me very, very well and I am a very happy camper It is really nice to see that Winnie took great care of Homer also!

Kudos to Winnie!

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:32 PM   #6

Good for Winnebago...which is good for you Homer I just wonder how many other manufacturers would have been so generous? This is another reason we will never own SOB.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:36 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Homer,
It's great to hear that!

How long did it take them to complete the work? That had to be a quite extensive re-do!
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:37 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

This is a wonderful story and makes me feel good I choose Winnebago for my coach. Good for you and Winnebago.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:34 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Ding-a-Ling: It took them just under 3 weeks. I can't say enough good about Mike Hamson the Service Manager. He really took care of my problem and exactly in the time frame he gave me. Then went over every detail with me on pick up. A really fine young man.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:06 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

WTG, Winnebago!! Homer, that's the kind of customer service that has kept us coming back to Winnebago 3 times, to buy a new motorhome. Now enjoy it.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:35 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Couldn't get a better endorsement! That's great to hear and thanks for sharing - too often we only hear the bad.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:37 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Yes, such a great story and outcome. It's so good to hear they stepped up to the plate and did the right thing.

Me too, I've has such good response from Winnebago so far. I had second thoughts for a period of time that I might have chosen the wrong manufacturer but I'm glad now ...especially hearing stories like this.

And to think I was actually considering a National and had actually made an offer on a Tropi-cal. *whew* ...glad that one fell through or I'd really be miserable listening to these types of stories now.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:13 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Nice to see that they took care of you but winnie is not all it wants to be, My unit over the winter formed a large bump over the genset on the drivers side wall its about 6" hight and 3' long when I call winne to see if they could halp me as this is the very first winne I have owned, I told them what had happened and they told me to go pound tar that there was nothing that they could do for me and that I was on my own. I have a 2000 winie adventurer 35U and she is a great unit my wife and I love it but it looks like winne just works on units that they want to work on I really wish that they had step up to the plate on this one and made it right as this was no fault of my own but i was just out of luck so I am glad for you and hope that your new unit stays as nice as it is now. if anyone might beale to help me get winne to work with me on my problem please let me know

mark
Old 04-17-2008, 09:43 AM   #14

Why not call the person Homer spoke to..Mike Hamson. Tell him the story you have just heard and ask if there is anything they can help you with. You know what they say about the "squeeky wheel".
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:12 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

Mark Bento: Mark I am so sorry to hear of your problem. Please don't give up, it took me three to four years of talking and pictures before I finally received satisfaction.
The final analysis was so hideous I am sure they did not want a product of theirs running around out there looking like it did. Still there are manufacturers that would have gone that route rather than stand behind a defective product. Winnebago chose to stand with their customer and make it right. They did so with a smile on their face and genuine empathy.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:29 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

--'rocco; All I need to do is look to the bottom of your post and see what you chose to drive. This tells me you made the right choice and have a dream coach. Good Rv'g
Old 04-17-2008, 03:29 PM   #17
Winnie-Wise

Great news Homer and I am very happy to hear Winny step up to the plate and stood behind their product. With the industry in a slump and sales being what they are I think it is really admirable on Winny's part to have done all this. Can't wait to see it. Do you have any pics you can share with all of us. Maybe some before and after? This really makes me feel great owning my second Winny product. Thanks for sharing this. We all needed to hear this story.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote