Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2007, 05:39 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

I think my back is going to be out of whack for a few weeks. Laying between the driver seat and over the dog house was a recipe for pain. After nearly giving up hope of finding the brake controller plug end that was shoved up in to the left of the steering wheel, behind a ton of wires I was able to get the harness end out and plugged in. The rest of the installation was pretty simple. Having installed a Prodigy in three other vehicles this was the "toughest" but nothing as to what installing in my Jeep Liberty is going to be like.

Thanks for the tips from previous posts here, gave me hope of finding the plug when I'd almost given up hope. Though they didn't give any advice for tweaking my back.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:39 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I think my back is going to be out of whack for a few weeks. Laying between the driver seat and over the dog house was a recipe for pain. After nearly giving up hope of finding the brake controller plug end that was shoved up in to the left of the steering wheel, behind a ton of wires I was able to get the harness end out and plugged in. The rest of the installation was pretty simple. Having installed a Prodigy in three other vehicles this was the "toughest" but nothing as to what installing in my Jeep Liberty is going to be like.

Thanks for the tips from previous posts here, gave me hope of finding the plug when I'd almost given up hope. Though they didn't give any advice for tweaking my back.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:36 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

It just keeps getting more and more difficult to contort my poor body. I have started to pay for some services (oil changes for example) that I never would have considered paying for in the past.

The most difficult part of my Liberty install was surprisingly NOT the braking system (SMI Silent Partner), it was running wiring from the front to the rear for the brake lights. I spent about an hour under the car with this part of the towing install.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:53 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

John I hear you about he Liberty. I used the two Jeep wiring harnesses to wire my trailer lights/brakes. I got to know my Liberty very well during the process, I will say it was pretty simple pulling the panels off compared with my old 78 Chevy I did in my youth, but I don't care to do it again. Was it worth saving $300? Yeah I guess so.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

My Prodigy was easy for me to plug into my Sightseer as I paid Camping World to do it for me. I too have a bad back and from your description I'm glad I didn't attempt to install it myself.

Some day I will need to plug it into my Durango and I just may allow Camping World to do that too.

JD & Kathy
JD Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:04 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John_Canfield:
It just keeps getting more and more difficult to contort my poor body. I have started to pay for some services (oil changes for example) that I never would have considered paying for in the past.

The most difficult part of my Liberty install was surprisingly NOT the braking system (SMI Silent Partner), it was running wiring from the front to the rear for the brake lights. I spent about an hour under the car with this part of the towing install. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

John:

Similar experience with my Explorer. Installing the Blue Ox baseplate was more easy than running the wires for the add-a-bulb system to the rear. It was just difficult to find good spots to run the wires and avoid exhaust components, suspension, etc. Ate a lot of dirt.....
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:33 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Love my driver's door, and my flip up dash...

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote