Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-14-2021, 12:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Blinking Slide Control Light

Upon opening driver side slide the slide goes out but the control button blinks green 4 times at the end. Like .... then stops and repeats the sequence. It will eventually stop or if I push the controller again. Passenger side does not blink.
Can't find this info for slide in OM. Anyone know what this means?
2017 Winnebago Forza 34T.
Thank you.
Sqwatchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 11:58 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

There should be a diagram on the top of the controller that says what the 4 blinks are for.
mdntblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 12:10 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Blinking Light

Thank you. Yes there is, but it's not the lights on the controller that are blinking and it doesn't address blinking on the switch. It didn't do it the last time we opened the slide. My husband thinks it is because I read to set your cruise control to increase your RPMs while opening the slides to reduce stress on the slide motor. I did that and that is when I noticed the blinking. The last time we opened it, he did not set the cruise control, and it didn't happen. He seems to think it is related to the increased RPMs. Me thinks me read too much Thanks again!
Sqwatchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 12:28 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I'm not sure you should ever be trying to set a cruise control while operating a slide, better yet the coach should be leveled with all levelers down and the engine just needs to be running idle in park with the parking brake on. The switch lights are the same lights on the controller. So if you see the switch blinking then there is a red and green light blinking on the controller (if you know where that is). On my coach it was in the driver side storage compartment mounted in a box on the ceiling of the compartment.

Please don't try and set cruise control while parked. I don't even think it will set anyways but that's a bad idea.
mdntblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 01:09 PM   #5
Proud “No Intent” Owner

On the Ford chassis, and most cars, one has to be driving at around 20+ MPH before you can even set the cruise control. Maybe the blinking is telling you to stop trying to set the cruise control, (that was a joke)…
Old 11-26-2021, 06:18 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdntblu View Post
I'm not sure you should ever be trying to set a cruise control while operating a slide, better yet the coach should be leveled with all levelers down and the engine just needs to be running idle in park with the parking brake on. The switch lights are the same lights on the controller. So if you see the switch blinking then there is a red and green light blinking on the controller (if you know where that is). On my coach it was in the driver side storage compartment mounted in a box on the ceiling of the compartment.

Please don't try and set cruise control while parked. I don't even think it will set anyways but that's a bad idea.
I had a 2018 Winnebago Forza 38 W and my current Phaeton 44OH like many DP that I know you set the Cruise like the OP mentioned to get a fast idle to supply my current to the system especially if batteries are weak. Some folks do it on a regular basis I've heard but IMHO I don't think it needs to be done, all the time. I've used it a couple of times especially when I had slide issues and I had to use the G6 card override which bypasses everything and pulls all 4 slides in which is pretty demanding so it makes sense to high idle.
1237dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, slide