Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-25-2019, 03:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Bedroom slide is stuck ou

I put my slide out no problem, but now when I try to retract it, I hear the hydraulic pump running and you hear pressure building, but slide does not move. There is nothing in the way. In fact, if I hit to extend it, it does the same thing, there is pressure building but nothing moves or shifts. The front slideout woks fine.

Is it possible that a valve for the rear slide is now stuck, and that's why I'm getting pressure build but no movement?
scmadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 05:18 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

You need to ID your year and model so we can help. It's a good idea to set up a signature that includes this info so it's there on all posts. Most of us have HWH slides and you can identify your system/configuration here:

https://www.hwhcorp.com/winnebago2004_diagrams.html

HWH also publishes service manuals and troubleshooting guides, here's an example:

https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml23521.pdf

Once you figure out what HWH unit you have, you can link to your manual here:

https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml54800_srvc...eveling_System

azpete, a member of Winnieowners.com is an HWH employee who has been very helpful to me and others with HWH hydraulic systems. You can save a lot of time and grief by sending him a PM.

Good luck.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 03:18 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the replay. I updated my signature to include my MH info. I will review what you sent. Thank you.
Old 01-26-2019, 04:20 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Our 35Us are probably pretty much the same with similar issues so, if there's anything else I can help you with, feel free to PM me.

Unfortunately all I know so far about the HWH hydraulics is how to deal with leaky hoses. I had four bad hoses on the front slide. HWH had a quality issue in the early 2000s with hoses leaking around the ferrules where the fittings attach to the hose. Any signs of leaking hydraulic fluid is indicative of a problem. My systems continued working but made a mess.
Old 01-28-2019, 02:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

It's working now

Sure enough, it was a valve that wasn't opening. When I had replaced the motor, I had knocked one of the wiring connections apart, so it could extend, but not retract. Once i checked the wiring fuses, I found the loose connection. All is good now. Thanks for the diagrams.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:01 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Lucky it was an easy fix.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:01 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

On a 35U be it an Itasca or Winnebago there should be a winch with a strap that you hook to the entryway steps and to a anchor loop under the sofa for manually bringing in the living room slide while the bedroom slide you simply can push in from the outside once you manually turn the valves to the open position. There should also be an allen key in the owners pack for manually opening the valves to allow this to be done along with all the instructions on how to do this in the event the valves or controls had failed electrically. This should all be in the Black Owners Bag or the Very Large Binder that came with the coach and should have stayed with the coach. I feel your pain if the person you bought your from did not include this with your coach as each coach was delivered with all this information and the basic tools to deal with these issues,
Old 02-04-2019, 07:09 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

This happened to us and I called Winnebago and they troubled shooted us through it. Neither of us was able to do the manual fix but we did get it closed through the computer resets -(Winnebago walked us through). We did have something broken - I don't recall now what it was but it was pretty major. As silly as it sounds, make sure nothing is blocking it. We have done that too. I have found Winnebago to be very helpful and knowledgeable every time I have called them with a problem.
anndrennan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide