Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2021, 09:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Bedroom Slide Help Please

HWH Bedroom slide.
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40AD slide help. Can anyone provide some insight on how to adjust the bedroom slide?

It seems the slide needs to be raised about a 1/2 inch. The top of the slide has a gap between the slide and the seal, large enough that there is a slight gap between the seal and the slide, more like a loose fit that allows water to leak underneath the seal and then run into the bedroom.
When I say gap, this is very small, maybe a few thousands of an inch (between the top of the slide and the seal, not between the opening and the slide) but enough to where the seal does not have enough pressure on the slide so water gets between the two and then into the coach. This gap (between the opening and the slide) is enough so I can easily push through the seal with my fingers. On the bottom of the slide however, the gap is so tight (between the opening and the slide) I cannot even move the rubber seal by pushing as it is very a very tight fit.

I really don't know the best way to describe it all of this, but it is leaking under the seal on the top of the slide.

The slide structure looks like it rides on 4 nylon or teflon pads that can easily be adjusted up or down via a bolt. However, I do not want to do any adjusting until I full understand what needs to be done.

I have written to both HWH and Winnebago with no actionable help. HWH defers to Winnebago and Winnebago sent and exploded view of the slide, no help in adjusting it.

Does anyone have experience with this that can help?
KMackk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 03:21 PM   #2

1/2" sound like a lot. When you slide is closed how far off are the paint lines?

The attached is what I have in my tech library, but I have never messed with my bedroom slide. So I look forward to your summary after you fix your problem.

See .pdf attached for adjustment info. And note the extension adjustments shown in the diagram below does not give you much information on how to adjust the slide-box-height.

To understand (possibly) how to adjust the bedroom slide-box-height, the video link below may be of some help. Note: The RV in the video is for a gas rig, but I think it talks about the same bedroom slide (aka single cylinder type) we have in our 40' and 38' diesel rigs when the bedroom slide extends on the driver's side.

However, I don't know where the adjustment bolts are located or how to get to them if you are trying to raise your slide-box? ...When you check your paint lines that may give you a few ideas too.

Here's the video for reference:

Note: Winnebago 36' RV floor plans have different bedroom slides, so you guys need to keep this website forum link in your tech library when adjusting your bedroom side... which shows how you guys need to get to your cylinders when they leak:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3861497

Note: Slide creep is a different issue that involves solenoids or check valve.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedroom Slideout Diagram (Winnebago).jpg
Views:	84
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	177926   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedroom Slide Adjustment (Single Cylinder Type).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	177937  

Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH Bedroom Slide Creaps out or Motor Makes Squealing Noise.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	177938  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1 HWH StoreMore BEDROOM SINGLE CYLINDER Adjustment (Keep).pdf (267.6 KB, 22 views)
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 04:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnprsd View Post
1/2" sound like a lot. When you slide is closed how far off are the paint lines?

The attached is what I have in my tech library, but I have never messed with my bedroom slide. So I look forward to your summary after you fix your problem.

See .pdf attached for adjustment info. And note the extension adjustments shown in the diagram below does not give you much information on how to adjust the slide-box-height.

To understand (possibly) how to adjust the bedroom slide-box-height, the video link below may be of some help. Note: The RV in the video is for a gas rig, but I think it talks about the same bedroom slide (aka single cylinder type) we have in our 40' and 38' diesel rigs when the bedroom slide extends on the driver's side.

However, I don't know where the adjustment bolts are located or how to get to them if you are trying to raise your slide-box? ...When you check your paint lines that may give you a few ideas too.

Here's the video for reference:

Note: Winnebago 36' RV floor plans have different bedroom slides, so you guys need to keep this website forum link in your tech library when adjusting your bedroom side... which shows how you guys need to get to your cylinders when they leak:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3861497

Note: Slide creep is a different issue that involves solenoids or check valve.
This pdf is very helpful, thank you so much!!!
KMackk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide