Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2021, 04:00 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Bed Problems

We have a 2012 Adventurer 37F, that has unfortunately had multiple problems since purchase back in 12. Most recent problem is our bed. It would not go up so we could close slide. We got a new track installed that allows the bed to get up far enough to close slide, but now when putting the bed down, it only comes down about 3/4s the way and the motor stops. I assume there is some kind of brake or shut off switch, but do not where. I need to make some kind of adjustment so the bed will lay flat. I have pretty much lost faith in our repair service shop because nothing works for long after paying 1000s to have things fixed. Has anyone had this problem and, if so, is there an adjustment somewhere? Being in our 70s, sleeping on the living room pull out is a very uncomfortable option when traveling. Thanks in advance, Jan
jbk950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 08:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Is that an "Ideal Rest" air bed?
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 09:16 AM   #3
Veteran RV Owner

Your bed most likely requires the upper and lower limits to be set! Find the manual for it, and check in it for recalibrating the upper and lower limits. I found my manual (or installation manual) on line somewhere.

I had this problem with our bed, we always had to hit the reset button under the bed to get it to move. Then, I discovered in the installation manual that the upper and lower limits needed to be calibrated. After doing the recal, the bed now works great!

If I am not mistaken, the bed lift is made by Lippert.
armullis59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 05:15 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by armullis59 View Post
Your bed most likely requires the upper and lower limits to be set! Find the manual for it, and check in it for recalibrating the upper and lower limits. I found my manual (or installation manual) on line somewhere.

I had this problem with our bed, we always had to hit the reset button under the bed to get it to move. Then, I discovered in the installation manual that the upper and lower limits needed to be calibrated. After doing the recal, the bed now works great!

If I am not mistaken, the bed lift is made by Lippert.
I am intimately acquainted with the Lippert/Winnebago bed lift. You can go to their website customer service and download instructions for programming the limits. Read and follow the instructions exactly. If you have any problems they will step you through the procedure. Worst case you may have lost your controller module.

This is the correct answer. You can call Lippert and they will email you instructions.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 07:25 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Near the bed should be the controller Hit the reset button and hold it in for 6 seconds. Than raise the bed with the normal rocker switch.

Go to page 5 of the this link for Manual for calibration.

Note: i also had to put a jumpers switch in place of the micro switch under the bed. It may not be necessary. Remember, jumpers over-ride safety processes.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 07:29 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Near the bed should be the controller Hit the reset button and hold it in for 6 seconds. Than raise the bed with the normal rocker switch.

Go to page 5 of the this link for Manual for calibration.

Note: i also had to put a jumpers switch in place of the micro switch under the bed. It may not be necessary. Remember, jumpers over-ride safety processes.
Thanks for helping out!
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 09:26 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Do not know if your problem is resolved but had multiple problems with the bed on our 2011 Adventure 37F. There is a safety switch under the bed that must be closed in order for the bed to rise or lower. After replacing that switch 4 time, the shop manager was finally called and diagnosed the problem in 5 minutes. The slide out motor was defective. The motor has two functions. One is to slide the slide out in or out. The second is to lock in place. My motor was not locking. If the slide is out and the bed does not move, run you fingers between the wall and the slide out. If there is any gap your motor is not locking in place. I have not had a bed problem since replacing the motor.
lciavarella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problems