Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2019, 10:12 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Auto Level System

We just purchased a 2013 Adventurer 35P motorhome and love it. It has an auto leveling system. There are also two remote level-auto-store switches - one just inside the entry door stairwell and the other in the basement compartment where the panel for water controls and grey/black dump valves is located. When and how would I use the these remote switches please?
Jade East is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 02:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Our '07 Journey has like switches in the same places as yours. Our owners manual says they are a convenience, should you desire to operate and observe at the same time.

Way back when, having an inquiring mind, I leveled and stored from each of the stations. They leveled/stored as advertised. However, ours does not allow for discrete adjustment of individual jack pairs. Given that, they have no utility for me and since remain unused.

Although my levelers are are tweaked to spec -- by myself, and once by a "professional", I prefer to ignore the auto level function. I believe it over extends the jacks. My experience has been that the system keeps looking for "perfect", and in so doing gradually over extends. My conceit is that I level faster from the driver's station, and with minimal jack extension, by observing the panel lights and adjusting pairs until my bubble level is satisfied. (And, I have all four jacks at least kissing the dirt.)

Enjoy your Adventurer! Try all the systems! We are all different, you may find that, contrary to our response above, that you find utility in those extra leveling stations.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 03:30 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I've used the basement one a few times if on relatively level ground. I get out, walk around and if everything is looking good I'll open the Electrical Bay and hit AUTO.

Best to use it a few times to see if it is to your liking.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:25 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I've never used the remote locations and quit using auto-level as soon as I figured out its answer to every question is "go higher." I can level faster and closer to the ground manually. I can't really figure why one would do any leveling from outside except to watch the jacks extend.