Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-26-2020, 08:33 AM   #21
2014 Tour 42GD

Hey Morich where did you find those great pictures? Pictures speak a thousand words
trower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 09:35 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trower View Post
Hey Morich where did you find those great pictures? Pictures speak a thousand words
I think it is one of the best things that has ever been done for my RV reapsirs but too many have missed on the good stuff!
Start here:
https://www.winnebago.com/owners/own...s-and-diagrams

Choose parts catalog:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

And if you are in the correct date range, you get a truly great set of drawings to choose all of the systems in our RV from plumbing to electrical and almost all the rest that is part of the Winnebago added items. Not much on the chassis but great for the RV body stuff.
It does take a bit of playing/ study to get handy with the controls but it is great for seeing details as you can choose different angles at the bottom right, set the point at which you want to rotate the body, down at the left and then scroll to zoom in/out.
Want to know what's under the shower and what that part is called?
Drill down to plumbing, drain, and click the part and it shows highlighted at the right !

Or if you know the name but not where it is like a converter, go to electrical of the right class and click on the list at right and it lights up/flashes in yellow on the drawing!

We can sometimes fix things if we can find them??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shower.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	176543  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 10:38 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

I got a bit interrupted on the last post and left off some info that might help. I mentioned looking for a converter in electrical but showed an elbow under the shower as highlighted in yellow.
Yes, there is a difference there!
But the general idea is that if you look for the info, there is a ton of it available but it also varies a great deal with what year you have so it takes some sorting to see what is out there for your specific RV. That is why it is always very helpful to post the exact year, model and length of your RV like a 36 AR, etc. as it then lets people go to the correct info instead of the shotgun ideas of RV being the same.
If RV were the same there would be little sense in naming them different , would there?

There are so many ways we can use the info if we look for it before we start an operation. What if we wanted to add an outside low pressure gas connection for a grill?
We might look it over and the internet is big on having you use an "extend-a-stay " at the tank and run clear to the other side of the RV, so you don't want to do that and stop.

But if you look on the drawings, you may find there is a low pressure 3/8 OD copper line running along the back of the compartment where you wanted the connection?
Wouldn't that change the whole picture a bunch?

The more you know, the more you can get done, but it does have a learning curve involved!

But I do a fair amount of "consulting" online, so I also have a "Snip and Sketch" app which I use to cut portions of drawings for posting online as it tends to reduce confusion if I cut out lots of the unneeded info.

Being able to have drawings sent to me, look it over and do the snip to send back, saves me a ton of trouble as I can do it from home versus taking a plane to the coast, etc. to access things and get them the correct ideas.

Technically I've retired several times but work just keeps finding me!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	propane.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	176544  
Old 12-27-2020, 09:37 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
How does the incoming air get into or over the hydronic system? Isn’t that where a filter might be employed? Don’t know, just learning here about your system...
Hi Wyatt, There is no air our RV hydronic system. Matter of fact, air has to be bled out of the system. Think of the heat register like the old time radiator I posted. In the old time radiator there is no air in the system, just boiled water that is passing through the radiator and returning to the boiler. It is just a cycle. That is just radiant heat in the room the radiator is in. I remember as a child, cuddling up near the radiator because it was so much warmer than the other side of the room. If we were to put a small fan behind that room radiator it would have disbursed the warm/hot air around the room.

Think of the heat exchanger in the Aqua Hot as that radiator. The only difference is that there is a fan behind it that pushes the air into the room. The antifreeze and heating solution in the Aqua Hot is pump circulated through the piping, through the heat exchangers, and returns to the Aqua Hot for another cycle.

There are some good diagrams in the Aqua Hot Service Manual that might provide some good information on the system.

I have had many heating systems over the years, and the Aqua Hot, when it comes to heating, is the best I have had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trower View Post
Wayne, I was asking about filtering the air that passes thru the heat exchanger to limit the amount of particles blowing around the room. Sorry for the ambiguity.
Hey, no problem. My previous post on restrictions still apply. I'm also thinking that the dust (that you should have dusted and picked up according to all wives) would still be pushed around by any air coming out of the register. I don't think adding any filter is going to alleviate. Dust settles so maybe redirecting off of the floor would help some.

Just tell DW that you'll dust everyday.

Just for giggles, let me explain how housekeeping is handled. My wife asked me to vacuum the house one day. I got out the vacuum, started pulling on the cord and said, "It won't start." I don't have to vacuum anymore.

One year we had a pet pass on to the rainbow. I had just retired and DW was working. She asked me if I would please clean the house thoroughly to get the hair out. When she came home she asked me how long it took me. I told her it was no time at all and not difficult. I opened all the windows, got the leaf blower out and rid the house of all hair and dust.

Hey, works for me!!
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:50 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

It seems there is a different idea in what we are each saying. I see most heating systems as having two different areas which are kept separated on most. In a gas fired home system, the gas fire heats the air outside a heat exchanger, so we can then move the exhaust and fumes outside rather than breathe them but the air moving around the outside of the heat exchanger does move in a circle, either going to the room or return air going back to the heat exchanger, often through a return air plenum.

In the Aqua hot system the same thing happens except the heat is generated by the liquid inside the heat exchanger, while the air passes over and around it. By design , there is no return air plenum but that doesn't mean there is no return air coming back from the heated area, just that there is no plenum! It would make it really inefficient to try to push warm air into the RV, without also moving some of that air back to the heat exchanger.
One of the basics of airflow is that we have a hard time pushing air in if we don't build in a way for it to go out, so pushing it into the RV without having return air will just push it outside at a total loss. The far better way to move the air is to push it into the living space and also let that air return to the heat exchanger.

Whether we call it return air or not seems to be more a matter of language than actual fact. We do not mix it into the heating media as that is called a burned out heat exchanger!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	return air.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	176563