Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2018, 06:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Any Winnebago Vista or Sunstar 26HE owners ?

I own a 2013 26he and I would like to hear from others who do so I can have them check their hydraulic levelers hoses.
Thank you
cvcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 08:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcman View Post
I own a 2013 26he and I would like to hear from others who do so I can have them check their hydraulic levelers hoses.
Thank you
Not sure what you are looking for but my leveller system went south when I owned our 2013 26h.e. Somehow water got into the electric motor driving the hyd pump and I was dismayed by the rusty condition of the hyd hose connections to the pump assembly..although I never had a hose problem I am sure it was just a matter of time before they would fail..Winnebago positions the whole unit behind the front drivers side wheel and although it's semi protected by a mudflap, I can only imagine the crap mud and road filth it has to endure...My new rig 29VE has a similar layout and I am trying to figure out a way to protect it from the crud before our annual trip to Florida this winter.
Reniram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 08:23 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

So what did you do on the 26he ??
cvcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:36 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I had the electric motor rebuilt put it all back together and traded for our 29 ve...
Reniram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:15 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I have had issues with my hydraulic leveling system since the start. Some of the hoses (return lines) have been replaced and the motor has been replaced. I have also had a leak at the base of the motor.

Check out this link:
http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...ks-310260.html
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:28 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I have had no issues with hydraulic hoses as far as leaks or weeps. From almost day one I did have a leak between the hydraulic fluid reservoir and the pump. Final fix was replacement of the whole pump, motor and reservoir unit (fortunately still under warranty) - $1800 job to replace a $0.50 seal.
Other than that have had no issues in 40k miles.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:43 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

We bought our unit lightly used, 10k miles and a year and a half old. Had intermittent trouble with the motor right away. When it finally gave up the ghost, my local RV shop (good service department) said they had a motor in stock - it was $600.00!! Needless to say, it's still in stock.

I made a couple of calls to LCI who replaced the motor under warranty, but they were very specific about this being the only time.

I found a local small motor repair shop who confirmed what I suspected. The motors are made in China with, essentially, non-replaceable parts. However, they were able to get the motor apart, clean it up and put brushes in it (which they made from another set) and said it should be fine. They charged me around $65, I think.

Luckily, I was able to install the new motor, and I keep the old one with me, just in case.

The motor really is in a bad location and subject to all kinds of weather and road salts etc. When I put mine back in, I put dielectric grease in all of the connections and/or sprayed them lightly with undercoating. I just occasionally check on it all and it appears to be holding up fine.

Tags
winnebago