Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Any Suncruiser 38T Owners out there?

We're looking for a 32h floor plan however an '08 Itasca Suncruiser 38t just showed up and I'd be interested in getting some owner feedback and some answers if there's any owners out there....

Thanks in advance,

Ron
volvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Here's a link to some previous threads which may help.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Sunc...earch=irv2.com

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks a bunch Cliff, I had googled and searched this forum for 38T info. There is some more in your link but am also interested in some user specific comments regarding some of the anal minutia (if that's a word...haha)

Thanks!
Old 09-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Just ask the questions, those of us that have had Suncruisers even of different layouts may be of some insight. Besides most of the Winnies are built pretty much the same, just slight differences in equipment that is onboard.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I managed to exchange a few emails with an owner of a 38T who was very helpful.

Even though we have been looking for the 32H floor plan we have had a look around the other ones when they've shown up at the local dealer. A few had been in the 35' variety and then this 38T just arrived. I seriously cannot believe how clean it is, I even got down on my knees to look closely at the sewer compartment and the white plastic housing is spotless. Now it's 6-7' longer than what we wanted and certainly more than enough room for the two of us but it is just so clean.....plus it has 39K miles.

I couldn't seem to figure out how or if the passenger seat swivels. That seat also doesn't seem to recline much as the kitchen counter is directly behind it.

I have read of fridge issues but would expect that since 2008 the owners have dealt with it.

I've tried to get an idea of price for them but haven't seen too many around, plus north of the border one can expect to pay a bit more.

Then there's the cargo carrying capacity....it is a workhorse (I think the W24) so it should be a 2K pounds?

Off to do more research..
Old 09-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvik View Post
Then there's the cargo carrying capacity....it is a workhorse (I think the W24) so it should be a 2K pounds?

Off to do more research..
If this is an 2008 Suncruiser on a Workhorse W24, it will have a GVWR of 24,000 pounds and a GCVWR of 30,000 lbs. I don't know the actual build weight, so can't help you with the CCC, but it isn't an issue for us with our signature coach.

Make sure the basement A/C unit is working correctly. MINE has been a source of frustration and expense I wouldn't wish on anybody.

If you get me the last 8 digits of the chassis vin # I can get more details about the chassis for you.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
............If you get me the last 8 digits of the chassis vin # I can get more details about the chassis for you.

Thanks...

G373424471
Old 09-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvik View Post
Thanks...

G373424471
I've sent you a PM. Ed

Tags
suncruiser