Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2021, 02:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Air suspension

Curious with the air suspension with a Freightliner chassis XC how long does your coach stayed air'd up. Mine does not dump when I park nor does it have a dump valve

Thank you in advance
HollywoodGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 06:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Over time they will deplete. You could measure the front bottom step to the ground and come back to it in a week to see if it changed. Mine is completely down in two weeks.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 03:15 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Mine will loose all the air in about 3 days, however its an older unit 07. If I put the jacks down all air bags will dump before the jacks deploy.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 10:08 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Is there not a place to dump air on the level system controls by the drivers left arm behind the cup holder key must be on.
Cataska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 12:20 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

They should always have a dump valve. Typically either a slide lever on the dash or the more common on Itasca / Winnebago versions it is integrated into the HWH leveling jack system. The jacks can't fully do their job if you start with the suspension aired up.
CaptainTj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:38 AM   #6
2014 Tour 42GD

On my 2014 Tour there is a manual dump in the leveling jack system. You can scroll through the menu and dump air manually and/or level manually.
trower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:42 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Mines integrated with the levelers by one on my Discovery there was a dump button
Old 03-24-2021, 05:55 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollywoodGT View Post
Curious with the air suspension with a Freightliner chassis XC how long does your coach stayed air'd up. Mine does not dump when I park nor does it have a dump valve

Thank you in advance
You state you have a Freightliner XC chassis and that it has air suspension, and you say you have no dump valve, correct? May I ask, do you have a leveling system? If so, made by whom? About 99.99$ of the HWH systems I've seen employ a dump valve of some sort, PRIOR to starting the jacks to come down and begin to level the coach. If you don't have a leveling system (which, with an XC chassis, would be extremely rare) then maybe you don't have a dump valve.

What is the year/make/model/engine--- coach you have?
Scott

P.S. As far as air systems on RV's being able to retain air, well, that depends on a whole bunch of things. There's a few miles of air plumbing, several valves, brake cans and related components, fittings, and more that make up air systems in coaches that have them. Leaks can and do develop anywhere in these systems. I recently had a severe leak in my drivers side front air bag. I replaced it and, found out I had minor leaks in the other three. I replaced those. Then I found I had one in a pressure protection valve on one of my air tanks. After replacing all those components that were leaking, my system will now leak only about 4 lbs. in a 24 hour period.

I'm dang happy with that. Especially since before I fixed those leaks, I'd park it at 120 psi and, by the same time next day, it was down to 60 psi. Now, park it at 120 and the next day at the same time, it's 116 psi. Pretty much gonna leave it alone after accomplishing that.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:09 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

It will vary by the chassis and the leveling system..pretty much dependent on how much you spent on your coach. Both my coaches on a Spartan K-2 had dump mechanisms, but this little cheapie XC chassis apparently isn't high-end enough to warrant one.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 06:51 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Yes it does have a dump valve built into the leveling system. It did have a leak at the cluster and I fixed that the old owner put on new rear air bags. I will have to soap up the joints etc and see what I find

Tags
suspension