Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2019, 08:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Air mattress dilemma

Hello everyone;

We have a 2015 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q. We have an Ideal Rest mattress. One of the air hoses came of the air pump. There is a plastic cap on the hose that you are supposed to push on the pump outlet, then twist to the right to secure. Is this piece replaceable or do we have to replace that side of the air mattress as the hose is not removable from the air mattress. Anyone dealt with this and what was your solution.
Cliffcanaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:01 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I'm not sure its replaceable - recommend you call Innomax at 800-466-6629. If Dave Chandler is available he's been very helpful to us on bed issues.

We replaced our Ideal Rest with a solid mattress late last year. For us it was a lot better solution for a good nights sleep.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:47 PM   #3
2014 Journey 36M

One of the air chambers in our 2014 Journey queen bed developed a leak and I bought a refurbished one from Innomax. Unfortunately the connector on the replacement had a small leak where it attached to the hose. Called Dave and he sent another mattress and a replacement connector - no charge. While waiting for it to arrive I put some silicone caulk around the hose connector and that fixed it. Now have a spare mattress and extra connector....which means we'll probably never have another problem. The connector looks real easy to replace - cut the old one off and slip the new one into the hose. Three years fulltime and 2 part time - bed works great for us.
Rmedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the info. I will give him a call
Cliffcanaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 04:31 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffcanaday View Post
Hello everyone;

We have a 2015 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q. We have an Ideal Rest mattress. One of the air hoses came of the air pump. There is a plastic cap on the hose that you are supposed to push on the pump outlet, then twist to the right to secure. Is this piece replaceable or do we have to replace that side of the air mattress as the hose is not removable from the air mattress. Anyone dealt with this and what was your solution.
The air mattress is no longer available on the newer models. Do yourself a favor and get a mattress that will fit while folded in the frame. The air mattress hold the cold. Good Luck!
DGundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:14 AM   #6
Happy Camper

38Q air mattress

I own a 2015 35G and had the same problem with my air mattress's plastic fittings on the pump. I brought a few fittings from our local Lowes Hardware store and replaced the plastic disconnect fittings after filing down the nubs on the pump connection and using PVC cement to attach PVC adapter and a male threaded hose connection fitting and so far so good. I also had a air leak at the mattress and hose connection and was told by the manufacturer to use Guerrilla glue to reseal the connections.
fkempf216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:16 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Do what we did, Replace it with a memory Foam mattress.
cpompe is offline   Reply With Quote