Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2019, 01:26 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

I really love the basement air, it's very quiet, I don't have to go on the roof to access it and it really works great.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:56 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomh View Post
Not sure if this is what the previous owner is talking about but when you look under the hood, there is a set of 2 fans in front of the radiator. This operates by a toggle switch that is on the dash. He said when you put the ac on to toggle the switch to get more airflow and cool the rest of the coach much quicker when running the vehicle. We tested it and verified that it increases flow substantially.
The two small fans under the hood start automatically as required by dash A/C. My coach and I believe the one you are looking at has a "motoraid". This system uses engine coolant to heat coach water in water heater and provide heat to coach in addition to the dash heat. The vent just behind the doghouse has a fan which is controlled by a black hi/lo/off switch on the dash. This fan has been troublesome as mine has stuck and started blowing fuses. I disconnected the s/w so we don't use it.

We like our basement air very much. Be aware the heat pump is only good for taking the chill off since once outside temps reach below 40-45 deg it wont heat any longer. Then you will need gas heat which will start up automatically.

Tags
adventurer, advice, purchase, vent, workhorse