Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2015, 09:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Advice on 2000 Adventurer purchase

Hello,

My brother in law is considering purchasing a 2000 Adventurer 32V with the Workhorse chassis, 43K miles. Looks very clean in the pictures but we haven't had the chance to see it in person yet. I'm hoping to get opinions from members who have owned or currently own one, or anyone with any good imput.

We're wondering about overall quality, gas mileage, anything to look out for.

Thanks in advance.
Apoko90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:28 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

We had a 2001 for over 12 years and 100,000 miles. Although ours was on a Ford chassis the floor plans and amenities are the same. We loved the coach. The only reason we chose the Ford over the Workhorse was the instrument cluster was easier to read for both myself and my wife.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the response! I'll pass it along.
Apoko90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:19 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoko90 View Post
Hello,

My brother in law is considering purchasing a 2000 Adventurer 32V with the Workhorse chassis, 43K miles. Looks very clean in the pictures but we haven't had the chance to see it in person yet. I'm hoping to get opinions from members who have owned or currently own one, or anyone with any good imput.

Thanks in advance.
That is likely to be on a P32 chassis. If so, the sixth Vin# character will be either a "3" or a "5". If so, depending on GVWR, it may have the infamous J71 AAPB (yellow knob somewhere on the dash). Those can be somewhat tempermeantal , but expert free resources are available to help fix any problem that MAY develop.
If the sixth Vin # character is a "6", then it is a W series chassis. If so, you will want to confirm that the Bosch Brake Recall has been completed.

All of the above assumes the vin # begins with "5B4".
Old 12-22-2015, 12:15 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
We have the 2002 32v because I wanted the bedroom slide and Winnebago didn't start those until 2002 in the 32 ft. Ours has the Chev. engine, husband wanted it because of the Ford shifting. Took a trip to New Mexico in Oct and had no trouble climbing the mountains. We really like the basement air, much quieter than the roof air.
Because we kept our speed down we got 9-10 mpg which we thought was great.
I would look at the windshield, all appliances, make sure they all work, tires, engine and trans. maintenance.
Hope this help.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:11 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2000 35 u v10 ford and we love it tons of power pulls great and very stable I usually average 10 mpg towing or not
OSSKOBRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 04:24 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks in advance.

We loved our 2001 Adventurer very much. It was dependable and Awsome!

Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:22 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2005 37b and have had a few problems with the coach but none with the chassis. The Workhorse chassis is the best. Check for leaking windshields and rusty windshield frames. Check for sidewall fiberglass checkering, especially if it has dark body paint. Check for roof condition and end cap sealant. Check the upper side rail to roof joint sealant. Check vehicle records for recalls completed. You can do this on the Workhorse website by entering the chassis VIN number. Also check the DOT date codes on the tires to make sure they aren't older than 6 to 8 years.
litewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:41 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

We purchased our 2000 Workhorse 32V in April of 2012 with 66K miles on it and love it. Just weekenders and 1 week in the summer users and it has been very good to us. I put on new Bilstein shocks and added the Saf-T-Plus steering stabilizer this summer and it drives with 2 fingers on the wheel. We were very lucky having bought it private party from the original owner who kept meticulous service records and put new tires on it at purchase. Paid $18500 in early 2012 if that helps you to find a market price.

Tags
advice, purchase, vent