Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Adventurer model H 32ft

I am actively looking for one of these coaches. It would appear to fit our needs and be the correct size for our use. Any body with this coach have any comments as to good or bad. I am looking for 2010 or later. Thanks
jimlaurielucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2010 32h Adv. not our 1rst winnie or our 1rst choice, I Should say not My 1rst choice, the only thing I miss in this rig is the lounge chair. All our other rigs had one. That said it has worked out well for us. It has ample fresh water and black and gray holding tanks as we do boondock often. Never had a problem getting into a campground with tight spots. We have spent up to 3 months in the rig and have been satisfied. Outside storage is sufficient. Be advised that in 2011 winny changed the cofiguration of the cupboards in the living area on the full wall slide. ours are shallow but we have leaned to live with that. On the newer models they lowered them soas to make them deeper but they did away with the window by the kitchen sink
Old 11-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for your reply. Have you had any handling issues with the model H and if so did you make any corrections such as Trac bar or Safety Steer?
Old 11-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Yes there is a problem with the handling, 1rst you should know, we have been motorhoming since 1974 so we are not inexperienced. I add this because I think a lot of 1rst time owners of motorhomes are disappointed when they realize their rig doesn't drive like a car. Because of the height of these rigs they do tend to sway a bit so I had anti sway bars installed and they have helped. I am considering a steer safe or similar device also. That said, have put on 40k miles on the rig and am satisfied with the handling but think the steer safe type device will make me even happier. Good Luck!
Old 11-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

sylrob

Hello! We have a 2010 32H on FRED chassis. Love it! Did add steer safe and the rig is very tall 12 '3", but the turning radius is very good. Good luck and safe travels.
sylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

We bought a 2011 32h and have enjoyed it immensely. We have had a few issues and have made some minor enhancements. We found that the layout was great for the two of us and love the U-shape dinette. We can dry camp for 5-6 days before needing additional water.

Here are some of our issues covered under warranty- loose bolts on the anti-sway bar (twice), floor outside bathroom developed a loud pop requiring sub-floor repair, kitchen cabinet screwed into slide roller, roof cove came loose where it attached to the awning, wiring harness for engine sensor circuit had a bent pin in one connection resulting in false service engine light, dinette table had excessive wobble.
Not covered by warranty - passenger window leak, control board for one panel develop a short requiring replacement, TV antenna had to have a support bar replace (pilot error).

Mods - Installed the Ultra Power ECM modification which improved shifting pattern and added both torque and HP, performed the "Cheap Handling Fix" to improve sway, installed SteerSafe to improve handling, added brass drain valve to the hot water heater, added a second HMDI cable for a BlueRay player, had all the side windows tinted with Huper Optic.

We didn't let the issues get in the way of our enjoyment and think the additions have been good improvements. We now have over 24K miles on "Chabago" and think this layout is just right for us. Oh and we went through the Costco Auto program and got what we think was a good deal. (over 20% off MSRP)
Old 11-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

These coaches sound great,some challanges,nbut appear to be worth it in the end. Thanks
Old 11-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabago View Post
floor outside bathroom developed a loud pop requiring sub-floor repair,
I also have the floor pop! Can you describe how it was repaired?
dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Floor Pop

And I also have the floor pop. Going up to Tom Johson's for floor repair (due to slide roller making indentions in the imitation tile floor)and full side slide adjustment. Poping noise comes and goes - might due it one time and then nothing for days. Can say that the floor looks bulged in the area the poping is coming from - same area as described above

Other comments - lots of fit and finish issues on the body, slide roller marks on kitchen floor, full side slide out of adjustment, living area lights must be off so the OTA anntenna will actaully allow the TV to ID channels during scanning, leaks in the water pump compartment, storage compartments in front of rear wheels get wet when driving in the rain, etc. Love the floor plan, but this will probably be my last winnebago.
johnboy347 is offline   Reply With Quote