Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-07-2018, 02:00 PM   #21
Site Team

I have the "through the frame" style slide on my smaller passenger side slide. On mine you can see the motor and gears in the basement. You have to remove a screwed on panel to see the motors and gears on mine.

I guess it's different on yours. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:27 PM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

Hikerdogs,

Here's what I found on my 2017 Adventurer 37F as part of my investigation into why the bottom part of the sink cabinet was scraping across the floor tile.

First, you can see the rollers from the inside. It's easier when the slide is extended but even when it's retracted if you lay with your face on the floor and a flashlight you can see them. In addition, I used a cheap endoscope I bought on eBay to inspect each one of the rollers.

What I found when I inspected mine was that none of the screws holding the rollers in place was seated properly. The Winnebago service center in Oregon inspected them when they fixed the tile scraping problem and said that it was a manufacturing problem. Whoever did the installation of the rollers used simple sheet metal screws rather than self tapping screws. As a result, the screws hit the aluminium plate underneath the particle board flooring, couldn't penetrate, and stripped the holes in the particle board. So the rollers are just sitting there. It's a few months past the warranty expiration date and the service center says it would take about 40 hours of labor to remove the slideout, fix the rollers properly, and put the slideout back in. They think if I did nothing to fix the rollers, they would "probably" remain in place just because of the weight of the slideout.

It sounds like you have the Schwintec slideout motors. The service adviser mentioned to me that they have lots of problems, especially with stripping the gears. When they repair them, they replace them with the Lippert system.

The fix for the tile scraping was to put two rollers under the sink cabinet. The rollers are screwed into the cabinet and roll across the floor as it's retracted. They provide just enough upward pressure to hold the counter off the floor.
ParadisePhil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, slide, vent