Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-06-2016, 12:24 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Adventurer Front Side Passenger Window Leak

Hello, anyone ever have the sliding Passenger window leak ? The wall paper and wood beneath it are wet. I removed all the wet paper and plywood but want to figure out my leak before I complete my repair.
We have rain tomorrow and then after that I was going to pressurize the MH and check with soap bubbles. Attached are pictures. So If you have had a leak there, where was it coming from ? Thanks !

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8341.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	319.2 KB
ID:	123336[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5758.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	307.6 KB
ID:	123335  
Old 04-06-2016, 04:30 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Had the exact leak damage on our 05 Adventurer, but didn't catch it until we were driving it to Lichtsinn to trade in.

You might check the drain plugs in the window to make sure they aren't clogged

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:32 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Clock Meister View Post
Had the exact leak damage on our 05 Adventurer, but didn't catch it until we were driving it to Lichtsinn to trade in.

You might check the drain plugs in the window to make sure they aren't clogged

Chris
Thanks, I did that and as long as I have owned it (five years) they have been cleaned out.
I also remember that condensate can build up on some of the windows as well, maybe the water has been "trapped" in there?

Thanks again..
Old 04-06-2016, 10:28 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Gene I have a '99 Adventurer with the same problem. I haven't had time to get to the bottom of it yet. But I have a suspicion water is getting in where the cap connects to the body. It drips down directly at the corner of the dash where it meets the corner of the side window.

If my theory is correct in my case, I just need to refurbish the caulking seal around the cap (and everywhere else). We'll see I guess.

Good luck to you,
W.D.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 03:01 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Everything above and to the left and right are dry as a bone. The saturation is directly under the sliding part of the window.

It's all dry now and today we are going to get some rain showers, I will check after I get home from work.

Thanks for your input.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:49 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I was having problems on the driver side. The C channel did not go all the way under ther sliding window. I assume it got to stiff and could not be opened and was a quick fix repair by the previous owner. I ordered a new channel for the entire window, removed the old felt cleaned the track with a soft brush, installed new felt. The window is quieter, slides better and the leak below the window is gone. Easy test is spray water on window and watch to see if the track fills up and overflows.
LookAtUSNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:04 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookAtUSNow View Post
I was having problems on the driver side. The C channel did not go all the way under ther sliding window. I assume it got to stiff and could not be opened and was a quick fix repair by the previous owner. I ordered a new channel for the entire window, removed the old felt cleaned the track with a soft brush, installed new felt. The window is quieter, slides better and the leak below the window is gone. Easy test is spray water on window and watch to see if the track fills up and overflows.
Hey, thanks for the great write up. I will take a look at all of what you recommended.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:00 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We had the same problem with our 05 Adventurer 33v. The water was coming down the wall from underneath the right lower corner of the passenger window. It didn't stop until the front cap was resealed.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:36 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I have the same issue with my 2004 35U Adventurer. Exact same location. I have it iin storage most of the time when not in use. I have looked at the cap, window drains, window trim,clearance lights. Cap to side wall. I replaced the clearance light gaskets. I wondering about the front window at the top. Water travels strange paths.

I will be getting the unit out soon and was going to let it sit out and see if the issue still exists. I will be watching this thread.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:24 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Thanks again everyone for your input. Last Saturday we had a really light rain for most of the day, I went out and slid the window open, the felt / gasket was completely dry (again a very light rain). I checked the area below the wind and sure enough it was wet, I could then trace the water all the way up the side of the window, it looks like the caulk to the top part of the window is cracking / dry.
This weekend with everything completely dry we are going to drizzle water on the top o the window and see if we can recreate the leak. I will let you know what we find for future reference.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:21 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

The caulk above my side window was cracked and dried. I resealed it but my leak continued. Looking forward to you tracking this down.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:31 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Update: The dealer found the top of the window leaking. They reseated the window and also removed some of where the front cap meets the roof and sidewall. So looking at the passenger side of the motorhome the top right. So far everything looks good, some rain is coming through tomorrow so I will check again. Total cost was under $140.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:15 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:25 AM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Heavy rain last night, all is dry.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:35 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

That's good news. I have to check mine again once I get it out of storage. I have or had the same issue as you and have been hunting it for some time.

Did the dealer repair the inside wall where you removed it under the window or are you taking care of that?
Old 05-25-2017, 10:04 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Ahhhhhhhh! Me too. Thought I had it figured out, temp sealed the window frame on the outside, but with today's rain, still leaking very slowly. I sealed the roof cove this week with Manus-Bond. Looks like cap/roof/wall seal was bad also. Just sealed that temporarily too. I ordered the top vista window glass replacement this week (it's fogged over), so when that arrives, I plan to remove the entire window, replace glass, and reseal. Will also perm fix the cap joint with sealant. Supposed to be camping and enjoying this beast!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0896.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	162981  
G3G4G5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:56 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Here is a link to a video of how Winnebago owner repaired similar water damage.

PJStough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:09 AM   #18
Winnie-Wise

Here is my before and after picture. I used Formica 7735 from Lowes.

Winnebago Adventurer wall by Gene Martel, on Flickr

Winnebago Adventurer by Gene Martel, on Flickr
Old 06-09-2017, 04:47 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Spent the last 2 days replacing the vista window on the passenger side and the forward slant on the drivers side. All put back together and now need to attack the inside wall!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0932.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	164650   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0933.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	327.7 KB
ID:	164651  

Old 06-24-2017, 06:49 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

Inside all finished today, except for the seat. Couple before and after shots.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0016.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	348.3 KB
ID:	166238   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0024.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	285.1 KB
ID:	166239  

Tags