Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2020, 12:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Adventurer bedroom window damaged

2006 W24 38J 29K miles . After a very long road trip I found that the emergency escape window is completely gone. Ths shade was down so It wasn't that noticable inside. I never sleep in the bed. I travel alone and use the bedroom for storage. I sleep on the couch folded flat.

The pane of the L Rear window is gone. I inspected the mounting bracket above where the pane hangs from and it was pryed away from the rest of the window frame. The Actuator bar on the bottom of the window was what looks like it was attached with an adhesive which was neatly separated from the missing glass. No signs of cutting or scraping. The actuator was damaged mechanically thou and is toast.

My question is do I have to replace the entire window frame? Or is the glass and actuator available and where from?

Also I am not sure but I may have to remove the "dial a number" matress or move it out of the way to work on the window inside the bedroom. How do I do that?

Is this something that happens to others or did a "break in" occour. I was with the RV the entire 1300 mile trip so it was never out of my sight for more than a few minutes. I am at a loss as to how this happened but need to get it fixed asap. Any help or helpful comments are appreciated.
dawa106 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, vent, window