Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2006, 05:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

We just picked up our new 2006 Adventurer. We are currently in Mesa, AZ and it is still quite warm here, was 100 today.

During the day (when the AC is really needed) we can only get about a 10-15 degree difference. Yesterday it was about 8, but had sunscreens put on all of the windows.

Once the sun goes down and the AC has time to play catch up, it is fine.

Someone from the dealer came to us today to check it out, and said everything was within specs, but agreed that it should be cooler inside.

Anyone have this problem??? Any suggestions??

Signed, melting in AZ. LOL

dylansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We just picked up our new 2006 Adventurer. We are currently in Mesa, AZ and it is still quite warm here, was 100 today.

During the day (when the AC is really needed) we can only get about a 10-15 degree difference. Yesterday it was about 8, but had sunscreens put on all of the windows.

Once the sun goes down and the AC has time to play catch up, it is fine.

Someone from the dealer came to us today to check it out, and said everything was within specs, but agreed that it should be cooler inside.

Anyone have this problem??? Any suggestions??

Signed, melting in AZ. LOL

Old 09-26-2006, 06:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Have you checked for plastic floor covering under or over the replaceable A/C air filter?
Also check for leaking air ducts in the rear cap.

2005 Itasca 38R Suncruiser
Frank (Wires) & Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:09 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

The service guy who was here today did check for that. Said sometimes they forget to remove the plastic from the filter.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
When we have stayed in hot climates we used insulated blankets on all the windows and insulated plugs in the vents and shower skylight. Start the air early in the day. I realize we don't have a Winnie, however our unit has basement air and we can keep the temps at 74 when the outside temp is 100.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:55 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

There was a lengthy post on this subject a month or so ago. If you are within 15 degrees of the outside when it is 100 outside, you are doing very well. You cannot expect any more regardless of what your dealer told you. If you talk to the makers of the ac unit, they will tell you that. Like has been mentioned, get those sunscreens for the outside of the windshield and keep your blinds down. That will help alot.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 05:28 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Could you please post the link to that post?? I'd be interested in reading it.

As for only a 15 degree difference, I just don't agree. In our 5er, which was only a foot shorter than this coach, we could keep it at least 25 degrees cooler even when it was 110 outside, moreso if it wasn't quite so hot.

We do have the sunscreens (installed on Monday) and do have the pillow thingies in the vents. We did spend the summer here in AZ, so was pretty prepared. LOL What we weren't prepared for was the way the AC works in the coach.

Hopefully there is a solution.

We won't be spending another summer in AZ, tho. LOL

Old 09-27-2006, 05:51 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

See HERE
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:22 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ISLAPP:
There was a lengthy post on this subject a month or so ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep...that was my post. If I can be of any assistance, PM me.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:52 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

The easy way to find out if you are at full output from the A/C is to turn it off, wait a few minutes and turn it back on, with True-Air, it will automatically change from about 14 to 15 amps to about 24 amp if the second stage kicks in. If it doesn't you may want to call a A/C man or take it back to the dealer, cause there is something wrong.

W22 Chassis and 8.1 Vortec
RVAITOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 05:29 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the link and the help. I read that other thread and got a few good ideas that I can have hubby check. LOL

Seemed to be a bit better today. Do they need a "breaking in" period??

Old 10-08-2006, 11:43 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Well, the dealer came out and tested things and said everything was within "specs".

We still are NOT happy tho. Today is a partly cloudy day and it is only 86 out. The AC has been running all day, and it is only 80 inside!!!

If this is how MH's and/or Winnebago in particular work, we may not be owning one very long. This is very disappointing and distressing when we were expecting so much more.

Old 10-08-2006, 12:49 PM   #13

Are your compressors "cycling" on and off? They shouldnt, and if if they are not on constantly, check out my old post about the air conditioning. Mark
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 03:33 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

If you would like to e-mail me, I'll do my best to assist you.

Mike Sylvester
[email protected]
TheRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:02 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Dylansmom
You were asked by RVAITOR what the amp draw is when the system is on ? what is it ?
Ed Gardiser
Escondido,Ca.
04 Vectra
87 Nissan PickUp
FMCA
Ed Gardiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:53 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Amp draw?? What on the control panel will show me that??

Or does it have to be done with the generator on??

The compressors seem to be on constant, unless it cools to the set temp, then they cycle on and off. Usually only in the evening.

Old 10-09-2006, 12:33 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dylansmom:
Amp draw?? What on the control panel will show me that??

Or does it have to be done with the generator on??

The compressors seem to be on constant, unless it cools to the set temp, then they cycle on and off. Usually only in the evening. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is on your One Place panel where your power management is located. There is a digital readout in amps that constantly monitors how much power your coach is using and tells you if the second AC unit, fridge, water heater or charger have been bypassed when you are pulling more power that the type of service you are plugged into allows for.

Read up on it in your manual, it is one of the first places you will need to check when you are having problems and the center of operation for most of the systems in your coach.

I was just in a 38T at the dealer Saturday and the basement air in there cooled it down faster then any of the $300,000+ coaches they had on the lot. It was about 92 degrees out and the coach was a touch over 100 inside when we entered it and turned the AC on. I was noticibly cooler inside and livable after a few minutes.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:44 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

The one place will only show the amps when on the generator or 30 amp hookup. When on 50 amp hookup the display is dark. The christmas tree lights should still be on no matter which amps you are hooked up to. Make sure the lights are on for the second compessor.
Are you hooked up using 30 amps or 50 amps?
Old 10-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #19
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RV_Boy:
The one place will only show the amps when on the generator or 30 amp hookup. When on 50 amp hookup the display is dark. The christmas tree lights should still be on no matter which amps you are hooked up to. Make sure the lights are on for the second compessor.
Are you hooked up using 30 amps or 50 amps? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom,

Not too sure on this one, I was just in a 2007 38T on a 50 Amp service and had amps displayed on that one.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:05 PM   #20
Winnebago Master

Mine works as Tom indicated, AMP draw does not show when my 50amp cord is plugged into 50amp outlet (per my manual).

If my 50amp cord is plugged into 30amp outlet with dogbone I do get amp draw indicated. I also get amp draw indication when on generator.

It is possible they changed the EMS.

If your return air to the system is located in the bed pedestal, as mine is, check & make sure your bedding is not being sucked up against the grill.