Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2014, 07:51 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Adventurer 37F??

We are thinking of upgrading to 3 slide gas rig and this model looks nice. Of course I cannot find one to look at. Below are some questions.

1) What is the CCC?

2) Will a bigger TV work in place of the 40" main TV?

3) Is there any pantry space if I got the residential refrigerator?

4) How much outside storage is there?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:48 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
We are thinking of upgrading to 3 slide gas rig and this model looks nice. Of course I cannot find one to look at. Below are some questions.

1) What is the CCC?

2) Will a bigger TV work in place of the 40" main TV?

3) Is there any pantry space if I got the residential refrigerator?

4) How much outside storage is there?
IF you are shopping for NEW, it will likely be on the Ford F53 24,000 GVWR chassis, but there "may" be an option for the 26,000 version. All I can tell you is that the CCC will be ample......., especially if you find the 26K chassis.

Our 2010 has the 40" RCA tv on a riser from the non booth-style (table & chairs) dinette, and I don't know how you could add a bigger tv without cutting a larger slot in the credenza under the window.

We have a 4 door Norcold refer and there is a huge double door pantry, approx. 30" wide directly opposite from the front bathroom door. The top half contains 3 full-extension sliding drawers, and the bottom half is shelves. I think the bottom half is also plumbed for the W/D combo unit, but we don't have one.

I'm very satisfied with the outside storage, and starting with the 2011 model year, there is even more since they did away with the POC basement AC unit.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:12 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

reubenray, looks like they have changed a few things for 2015. The TV is now 46" and pantry depends on if you get a washer and dryer. There are a lot of video walk-throughs on line.
Winnebago Motorhomes - 2015 Adventurer
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:59 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info. I will keep this one on my maybe list. We are in no hurry and we will be going to next year's Tampa RV Supershow to look at as many as we can. We love our current coach, but we would love a little more space plus a residential refrigerator.

I was already thinking that if I got a used one I could modify the TV size. I had already thought about the space for the washer/dryer. For our trips a one piece w/d may be all we would need. I then noticed the bedroom TV is only 28" instead of the 32" most models have.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

For the owner's of either a 37F or 38Q have you had any surprises?
Old 09-08-2014, 08:19 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

see my reply #2 above. What specifically are you asking for...I don't understand "surprises".
Old 09-09-2014, 10:49 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
see my reply #2 above. What specifically are you asking for...I don't understand "surprises".
Mainly mechanical, plumbing or electrical problems.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

reubenray - two of our good sam club members have this model one is a 2013 the other is a 2014 and both of them have had problems with the full length slide. If you haven't had a lot of problems with your Tiffin you might consider the 36ft Allegro. Dave
Old 09-09-2014, 03:43 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Mainly mechanical, plumbing or electrical problems.
I was "surprised" when the bolt in the height adjustment bracket under the middle of the FWS broke, and could not be replaced. Instead, the WBGO dealer welded it back together. Later, the other bolt in the same bracket also broke and got welded back together. No problem with that since. NOTE: my 2010 does not have the infamous "schwintek" slide-out mechanism used on the newer coaches, so I don't know if the center height adjustment bracket is still used.

You also don't get the RVP/ Coleman basement AC unit with the 2011 and newer coaches, so no worries there.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:50 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2012 Adventurer 37f. No issues with the full body slide. Major issues with the handling of the coach in even slightly windy conditions. Every suspension, etc., modification possible has been done by a very reputable business in So Cal and it still isn't good enough. I suspect that having the generator, washer and dryer, and kitchen appliances all on the full body slide are a bit problematic. Also, be forewarned about the bed that has to be deflated and raised before it's slide will retract. The mechanism that controls it is very poorly designed. The coach is a dream when sitting in a park. Not so getting there and back. We are looking at diesel pushers - but not a Winnebago!
biosensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by biosensai View Post
We have a 2012 Adventurer 37f. No issues with the full body slide. Major issues with the handling of the coach in even slightly windy conditions. Every suspension, etc., modification possible has been done by a very reputable business in So Cal and it still isn't good enough. I suspect that having the generator, washer and dryer, and kitchen appliances all on the full body slide are a bit problematic. Also, be forewarned about the bed that has to be deflated and raised before it's slide will retract. The mechanism that controls it is very poorly designed. The coach is a dream when sitting in a park. Not so getting there and back. We are looking at diesel pushers - but not a Winnebago!
Thanks for the info. I would think the bed mechanism would take up all of the "under the bed" storage also.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:01 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Lippert slides seem to be a weak point. Six months old and still trying to get resolution due to dealer service backlog. MCD windshield shade was programmed wrong and fixed quickly. Later the solar shade fell off of the bracket completely. Had to wire tie it in place to drive home. Leak in water line behind shower faucet. Dash desk unit had to be reinstalled to stay open/closed as needed. HDMI 4x4 matrix unit failed twice ( two different units). Plan on a thorough pre-sale inspection. Many things won't become apparent until a few uses. I don't think these types of issues are unique to Winnebago/Itasca. I just expected/hoped for better.
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:31 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

That is not good. I had only a few minor issues with my Tiffin (knock on wood) and did most of the repairs myself with the free parts from Tiffin. One nagging issue is the entry door. This is a problem with a lot of the Tiffin's models.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:01 AM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
That is not good. I had only a few minor issues with my Tiffin (knock on wood) and did most of the repairs myself with the free parts from Tiffin. One nagging issue is the entry door. This is a problem with a lot of the Tiffin's models.
reubenray:
I don't KNOW if Tiffin has changed across all models lines, but I recently read they now have a new door supplier. See here: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/new-...me-214566.html
Old 09-26-2014, 08:34 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Even though there are negative issues with the 37F I am still interested in it and have a few more questions.

1) Does Winnabago have a central service center to take care of issues the dealer cannot take care of. Both Tiffin and Newmar has centers like this.

2) Is the full slide powered electrically or with hydraulics?

3) What comes with the chassis radio setup if the "GPS navigational" option is not taken? I don't want the GPS navigational option, but I would like to have a AM/FM radio and CD player.

4) Is a one piece washer/dryer option? This would give me some storage space.

5) Is there a central entertainment location that sends the feeds to the other TV's?

6) Will there be any "under the bed" storage?

7) Looking at some pictures it looks like there is a long overhang tail. But it works out to be 55% wheelbase/overhang ratio which is suitable. Does this model have a lot of tail-wag.

8) Do all of the exterior compartment doors open upwards instead of sideways?
Old 09-26-2014, 03:51 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

First you probably shouldn't buy a 2013 - I think that was the first year. As far as I know Winnebago just wants the dealers to do service work. Take a good look under that king sized bed and you will see a maze of technology that could be hard to get fixed if it goes crazy. Also, take a look at where the hydraulic pump is located for the jacks by lippert. Hopefully by the 2015 model year the bugs will be worked out. The 37F does have a lot of nice features - bath and a half; washer/dryer or extra storage area; full-length slide gives a lot of room.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:30 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

FYI, I have had excellent support by Winnebago over the phone. All you need is your VIN and they can answer any question you have. At least, that has been my experience. Always friendly and helpful.

They have a repair facility at Forest City. You can make an appointment and have any work done at the factory. I have not needed this on my coach, but would not hesitate if I needed something major (slides) repaired.

I am sure there are many opinions on the full wall slide. I have never had one but have a concern about that big slide moving in and out without any problems. I know I've had some minor issues with my slides that the dealer has fixed.

Good luck in your decision process and look forward to your continuing posts.
Tom
Old 09-26-2014, 08:43 PM   #18
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by allegro1x View Post
First you probably shouldn't buy a 2013 - I think that was the first year. As far as I know Winnebago just wants the dealers to do service work. Take a good look under that king sized bed and you will see a maze of technology that could be hard to get fixed if it goes crazy. Also, take a look at where the hydraulic pump is located for the jacks by lippert. Hopefully by the 2015 model year the bugs will be worked out. The 37F does have a lot of nice features - bath and a half; washer/dryer or extra storage area; full-length slide gives a lot of room.
You are mistaken. I have a 2010 37F, and I think it was introduced as a 2009 model.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:42 AM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Edgray, did 2009 37F have the full length slide. The biggest problem our friend has had is the full length slide. Dave
Old 09-27-2014, 05:24 AM   #20
Winnebago Camper

I did not realize the 37F model was that old.

Does anyone have a 2014 or 2015 model and are you having full slide issues?

Tags
vent