Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-30-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hi - First time posting on the forum although I've been watching in the background.
We bought our '06 37B NEW in August and love it. It has its share of problems but they're slowly - very slowly - being worked out at the dealer. That's ok though because I havn't sent in our dealer evaluation yet.
Anyway, my reason for posting...
I can't seem to find out what type of chassis our 37B is built on. I've checked all Of our paperwork but can't fnd a referance anywhere. My guess is that it's a W24 but I've been wrong so many times in the past... Who knows...
Any help would be appreciated.
Skipit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hi - First time posting on the forum although I've been watching in the background.
We bought our '06 37B NEW in August and love it. It has its share of problems but they're slowly - very slowly - being worked out at the dealer. That's ok though because I havn't sent in our dealer evaluation yet.
I can't seem to find out what type of chassis our 37B is built on. I've checked all Of our paperwork but can't fnd a referance anywhere. My guess is that it's a W24 but I've been wrong so many times in the past... Who knows...
Any help would be appreciated.
Skipit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:30 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Try this link to the Workhorse Chassis discussion.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:32 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I you have a steering wheel that says Workhorse on it,my guess is a W/24 Workhorse chassis.If your steering wheel says Ford on it,I don't have a clue.Go to the workhorse.com web site and look at the GCWR for the different chassis.

Workhorse W-22, UltraPower,496 cubic inches of
Whaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:47 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I have the 2006 37B and it's built on the Workhorse W24 Chassis.

Workhorse W-24
Rock-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:53 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Look in the closet in the bedroom. You will find a sheet of paper with all the spec on it. If the total weight is 26,000 it is W22, 30,000 it is a W24. I believe in 2006 they started putting 37Bs on W24 only, no W22 or Ford.
Here is Winnebago's site confirming that.
http://www.winnebagoind.com/products/previous-models/20...6-Adventurer-bro.pdf
Old 12-31-2007, 04:18 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skipit:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Skipit;

Welcome to the forum & the Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum. We have a great membership here who will be more that happy to help answer any questions you may have. Post often and keep us advised on your travels. I am sure you will enjoy your Adventure. IMHO Winnebago builds some great coaches.

I almost purchased a 37B a couple of years ago but my DW wanted to keep the model me have.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:41 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Skipit,

Welcome to the forum

Looking at the 2006 brochure on the Winnebago site, I believe, you have the W24. To verify check the 6th position on your VIN#. If it's an "A" you have the W24.

I'd recommend you visit the Workhorse website and register your MH under "MY MOTORHOME." This will show you information specific to your chassis, including any recalls needed.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:14 AM   #9
kid
Winnebago Watcher

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Skipit:

Also have 06 37B, had it for year and a half and still having problems but, owned six coaches, different makes, models etc., and seems like they are all the same (nature of the beast). To ascertain what Workhorse frame you have find your VIN (vehicle identification number) and count over from the left 6 letters or numbers, the sixth one is the frame. If it is an A (eg. 5B4MPA--------) then it is a W24, if a 6 then it is a W22. I have a Workhorse chassis guide obtained at an FMCA rally (seminar on Workhorse) and it covers much info. on the frame, engine tranny etc. Dealer was Lazydays RV in Seffner, Fl., they have been great at correcting the myriad problems experienced with the coach...
kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:05 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

The 2006 37B was only available on the W24 chassis. If your 37B is actually a 2006 it has the W24 chassis.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote