Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-19-2011, 05:15 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Adventurer 37b - Things to do / watch for?

We have just made the jump from the C world to our first A.

We made a great deal on a 2007 Adventurer 37b that has 18,000 miles on the coach and is in very good shape.

I spent a lot of time going over everything on this and all seems to be in very good physical and mechanical condition with good service records.

My first task will be to change oil & filters in engine and gen, grease all the zirk fittings I can find and touch up an gutter or other seams with sealant.

So my question to all is there anything else I should focus on? What if anything special should I carry on the road for repairs that are somewhat common to this coach?
swreeder70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

There is a ton of info. on this ubject. If you do a search, you wi;; find many opinions about this. In the end, space and preferences help dictate what you bring with you. Here is a place to start: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/tool...long-3293.html
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:16 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post
There is a ton of info. on this ubject. If you do a search, you wi;; find many opinions about this. In the end, space and preferences help dictate what you bring with you. Here is a place to start: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/tool...long-3293.html
Thanks for the feedback, but coming from a C, I have and understand all that. I am looking for specifics to my particular coach and/or a class A.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:59 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

One of the weak points is the roof to sidewall joint. Lightly press on the roof material along the side where it tucks in the sidewall. This is best done working along the side from a ladder. Watch for breaks in the caulk as you press. This needs to be checked at least twice a year. Re-caulk or search out Eternabond as the long time fix. The seams at the roof and front/rear caps is another common leak point.
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:14 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Congratulations on your new coach. We have the 37B and really like it. We lived in it 7 months over the winter and it is very comfortable. We now have 53,000 miles on it with very few issues. We do have to take it back to Forrest City in Oct. to have the slide repaired. One thing to check is how the paint lines line up on the main slide. Mine had dropped about 5/8" at the front, probably due to the nylon glides failing that the slide rides on. If I had noticed the drop sooner and had the glides repaired it would not have been a big deal. But I didn't and now some damage has occured to the slide itself. The paint lines are a pretty good indicator because they are put on last. Even with the slide issue we would buy another 37B in a second...

Good luck,
Dave
Old 08-20-2011, 12:55 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davel View Post
Congratulations on your new coach. We have the 37B and really like it. We lived in it 7 months over the winter and it is very comfortable. We now have 53,000 miles on it with very few issues. We do have to take it back to Forrest City in Oct. to have the slide repaired. One thing to check is how the paint lines line up on the main slide. Mine had dropped about 5/8" at the front, probably due to the nylon glides failing that the slide rides on. If I had noticed the drop sooner and had the glides repaired it would not have been a big deal. But I didn't and now some damage has occured to the slide itself. The paint lines are a pretty good indicator because they are put on last. Even with the slide issue we would buy another 37B in a second...

Good luck,
Dave
Thanks for the tips on the slides. I will be sure to inspect them even closer when we pick it up.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:55 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

In addition to the already mentioned items. Check every where for rust. The black paint area around the compartments are very prone to rust. Your tires should be good for a few more years but I would check the date stamp and inspect them closely.
Also I went to the Winne website and downloaded all the plumbing, wiring and parts list for our year and model then burned them on to a CD that we keep in the coach. (Just need to fire up the lap top and you got it all there).
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We had a '05 Suncruiser 37B. We put on 63,000 miles without much trouble. The most difficult to solve problem, is that the thermostat is above the washer/dryer and behind the TV, so it always thought it was warmer than it really was. I put a vent above it and covered the rear of the thermostat with two inches of foam padding. it worked some. Also we has a W-22 so we had to be careful with the weight.

We really like the 37B!
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote