Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2014, 04:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Adventurer 35U Gas furnace blower

Hi. My 04 Adventurer 35U gas furnace blower is starting to get noisy and vibrating. Is it easily accessable to service or replace?

Thanks!
RTZ6885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

If you are talking about the blower that goes on with the switch on the dash using the engine heat or what is called the mortoraid heater then the answer is no. If it is the main propane heater then I would take it to a dealer and have them check it out as I don't recommend you mess around with propane.

I had a 2004 Adventurer 33 footer and the bearing went bad in the motoraid heater and I had to take it to a Winnebago dealer for them to fix it. The noise you hear is the bearings are bad.

In closing take it to a Winnebago dealer and let them fix it.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:11 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

The noisy and vibrating, especially in the low setting, might be the squirrel cage fan in the motoraide heater sliding on the shift causing interference. Search for motoraide and you will find some threads. I will try to get you some links.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:11 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

If you're talking about the gas furnace, mine did the same thing. The first thing I did was to make sure all the intakes--in mine, the intake is on the rear side of the pedestal for the bed--were clear. The second thing I did: I checked the air filter and replaced it. It's under the bed in the floor. There is a panel under the bed that you can remove to get to it. Then I found the cause: Sparrows had built a nest in theintake--on the rear cap. It was heart breaking, but I had to evict a family of baby sparrows. It is easy to get to this, but removing the furnace to actually replace the blower is not something I have done.

Scott
Old 09-28-2014, 04:48 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Furnace blower motor

My Suburban Furnace blower motor was Squeeling Bad. I decided to replace it. I have a 97 Sunrise. First you have to Disassemble from the outside then Disassemble from the inside the other mountings wires and duct hoses. If I remember correctly the furnace removed from the coach thru the inside. The gas line disconnected from the outside area tho. Once out of the coach you have to disassemble the whole furnace to get the motor and Squirrel cage out. Then reverse the procedure and check for leaks. I purchased and American made motor on internet for around 100 bucks. Wasnt that bad of a job maybe 3 to 4 hours time. its been working great for 4 yrs now and i'm pleased. I found most of the info on internet.
Dsrtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:01 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTZ6885 View Post
Hi. My 04 Adventurer 35U gas furnace blower is starting to get noisy and vibrating. Is it easily accessable to service or replace?

Thanks!
This is from memory, I did this over a year ago.

If your 35U is like my 35U, it is pretty easy.

Turn OFF the propane at the tank.

Remove the 4 screws holding on the cover panel. You can also remove the vents separately if this makes it easier.

Remove the one screw that holds the heater in its case. It is roughly in the center

Unplug the electrical connection.

Un couple the gas feed.

Slide the unit out.

Mine was noisy and I had to eventually replace the motor. I had it in and out several times trying to zero in on the real problem. Still not that big of a deal if you are handy. Getting the set screws off the squirrel cage fan was the trickiest pat.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkonu23 View Post
If you're talking about the gas furnace, mine did the same thing. The first thing I did was to make sure all the intakes--in mine, the intake is on the rear side of the pedestal for the bed--were clear. The second thing I did: I checked the air filter and replaced it. It's under the bed in the floor. There is a panel under the bed that you can remove to get to it. Then I found the cause: Sparrows had built a nest in theintake--on the rear cap. It was heart breaking, but I had to evict a family of baby sparrows. It is easy to get to this, but removing the furnace to actually replace the blower is not something I have done.

Scott
2001 35U -- maybe something changed in later years.

The intake under the bed is for the AC/electric heat and has the 14X20 filter. The intake for the gas heater is in the footwell of the vanity on the side toward the front of the coach. There is no filter on this.

I added the little mesh barriers on the outside vents to keep out nesting critters.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:16 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceh View Post
2001 35U -- maybe something changed in later years.

The intake under the bed is for the AC/electric heat and has the 14X20 filter. The intake for the gas heater is in the footwell of the vanity on the side toward the front of the coach. There is no filter on this.

I added the little mesh barriers on the outside vents to keep out nesting critters.
Yes, you are right! My mistake. Thanks for setting things straight. My intake is beside the vanity, as well.

Thank you.

Scott

Tags
fan blower, furnace, gas, vent