Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Hi we are thinking of buying a Adventure 38J Motorhome workhorse chassis and wondered if anyone out there could give us any information on them, goodor bad Thanks James Dauk
Jim and Iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Hi we are thinking of buying a Adventure 38J Motorhome workhorse chassis and wondered if anyone out there could give us any information on them, goodor bad Thanks James Dauk
Jim and Iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:50 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Howdy ... We have a 38R and love it. My husband loves to talk about his motor home. If you will e-mail us off list, I will give you our phone number so you can call and ask all of the questions you want.

Thanks
Anne & Maury
[email protected]
GrammaAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:24 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Jim, welcome to the Forum. We have a 38T, and love it. Most all the options offered are on our unit and one the the reasons we chose this floorplan for the larger kitchen. Having the TV at eye level is a plus. Two large slides are nice. But in really all choices are personel to each buyer.

Good Luck on your choice and happy trails.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:54 PM   #5
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim and Iris:
Hi we are thinking of buying a Adventure 38J Motorhome workhorse chassis and wondered if anyone out there could give us any information on them, good or bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>James, The 38J Adventurer floorplan and appointments are very popular features for a lot of full timers and or Adventurer owners who have a love for wide open cabin spaces. Built on a W24 chassis you will have the distinct pleasure of traveling down the road with your 6-speed Allison transmission and the capability of practically stopping on a dime using the quadraulic 4 piston caliper 4 channel disk brakes.

I'm sure that after your test drive you are probably very impressed with your driving experience and rightly so. The 38J is also available of the new Ford HD rail and I would encourage you to test drive both if you can to compare both chassis. Write down your likes and dislikes and then make the best decision that makes sense for you.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:40 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We have the Itasca version of the 38J and truly love the floor plan. We picked it up use last summer, while browsing and fell in love with it.

I'm still working my way through all the systems. It came well loaded. I activated
Direct TV last weekend and couldn't find the satellite dish on/off switch. Another adventure. Needed to call the dealer on that one.

Enjoy.

2015 Itasca Meridian 42E
LeonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:09 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We have had our 38J since 2006 and are very happy with the floor plan and the W24 chassis. The open floor plan makes for comfortable TV viewing for the family when in camp and rolling down the road (Tracking satellite dish option). Entertainment center towards the front permits late night TV viewing with out distrubing the wife in the bedroom.

2010 GMC Terrain, Demco: Base plate, Excalibar II tow bar, and Sentry Deflector.
Don The Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:43 AM   #8
LR
Winnebago Camper

We have had a very good experience with out 2005 38J. The interior layout is very comfortable and it has very good road manners. The only thing on the negative side is because of the passager side front slide-out, the awning goes straight out and provides less shade than with an awning that slants down.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:54 AM   #9
B K
Winnebago Camper

Ditto LR, but we slide in one of those sunscreens onto the awning and it works out pretty well. Otherwise we have found it to be just about perfect. Only other small thing is the swinging door game between the head door and the BR door when using the head and the vanity.

B K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:47 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Jim and Iris

Let us know if you buy the coach.

One thing to look out for is the awning. It can fill up with water and not dump. Best not to leave it out when you are away or overnite if rain is possible.

2015 Itasca Meridian 42E
LeonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:35 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

My wife and I have a 2006 38J. We love the floorplan and are living in it full time in Florida. I agree about the awning, you just have to retract it if there is any chance of rain when you are gone.

The privacy between the bedroom and the rest of the coach allows each of us to watch separate TV shows in quiet.

There is really nothing that I do not like about the coach. I have added some things that members recommended such as Trik L Start and Progressive Industries Surge protector and Qwik-Fill On-Board Battery Watering System.

Good Luck on your decision.