Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2008, 08:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

You can see it here
http://www.budgetrv.com/
We will be fulltiming so I need a good coach any opinion on this one,what should I look for.
Any one in this area who could inspect I'm a good 2 1/2 hrs away.I like the looks of this one too. Hugs Peabody
Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:26 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

You can see it here
http://www.budgetrv.com/
We will be fulltiming so I need a good coach any opinion on this one,what should I look for.
Any one in this area who could inspect I'm a good 2 1/2 hrs away.I like the looks of this one too. Hugs Peabody
Old 10-05-2008, 08:51 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

You really should look at the one I told you about. The extra room you get with a slide is a "big deal"
Old 10-05-2008, 08:55 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

You really should see the one I told you about. If you are going to be full timing, the extra room you get with that slide is well worth while. It would be the pits to spend money on something that you're not satisfied with. I have a friend who bought a rig last year and now he's looking for another because he doesn't have enough room.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:06 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Didn't get a chance to look at the unit you saw due to having some car problems.But sad to say I did get to look at the 96 if I went by inside looks alone I might have been lured into buying.Loved the floor plan only 36ft. long and no slide but the front facing couch gives you the feeling of plenty of room.Well planned and nicely laid out.However on doing a quick inspection I found a leak in the roof in the bathroom skylight an easy fix.There were things missing washer/dryer,a visor on the windshield, looked in one cubby over the copilots chair and it was a mass of wires and some kind of little black box not sure what it was but wasn't factory installed. The unit had three huge books with lots of paper work but only one receipt for service dating back to 2001 the rest were factory warranties and schematics for the unit.Had them start the unit and although it started quickly it sounded rough.By that time had already decided to walk but thought heck came this far check the outside the paint and graphics were faded due to age and I suspect it was never covered that's ok you can always paint I guess.But this unit was suffering from some cancer looked as if it may have sat in high water for awhile and on the drivers side there was two huge bubbles about 2x3 ft each mid way down the side. I don't know if this is normal for a unit of this age but I would hope not.So I'm still looking. Hugs, Peabody
Old 10-07-2008, 04:01 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

PEABODY: You made a wise decision to keep looking. With bulges or bubbles in the sides, you are talking big problems later. Their is too much sand on the beach to buy a questionable rig at any price.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:33 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

The shower skylight leak might have been a more serious indicator than you would think. I had my skylight crack and didn't notice for awhile. I didn't see anything inside, but shortly had some delamination on the outside fiberglass under the skylight area. Checked with Winnebago when we were there and it would be $14,000 to fix, a complete new driver's side wall.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Hi John,
I tell you I couldn't get out of there quick enough when I went outside and walked around the unit and saw on the drivers side these two massive bubbles on the walls.I'm a newbie yes but I'm not stupid and have been doing a lot of studying and I knew that wasn't good.I'm still looking and have come to the conclusion I'm looking for a needle in a haystack,but I think I will find my home eventually. Hugs Peabody