Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-18-2008, 03:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I had some people come out and replace my windsheilds. They decided to leave the wipers dangling by the hoses during the install. The plastic pivot pieces broke, one broke only at the hose connection, the other broke at the hose connection and where the guide are connects. I didn't notice that they broke at the hose connections until the installers left. That being said, the other break was very noticable and the installers promised to get me a new assembly.
Is there a way to replace just the plastic center piece? or do I have to replace the entire assembly? has anyone sucsessfully repaired the hose connection without replacing the WW? Is the dealer the only place to get parts like this? (I haven't found a good dealer locally)

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:40 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I had some people come out and replace my windsheilds. They decided to leave the wipers dangling by the hoses during the install. The plastic pivot pieces broke, one broke only at the hose connection, the other broke at the hose connection and where the guide are connects. I didn't notice that they broke at the hose connections until the installers left. That being said, the other break was very noticable and the installers promised to get me a new assembly.
Is there a way to replace just the plastic center piece? or do I have to replace the entire assembly? has anyone sucsessfully repaired the hose connection without replacing the WW? Is the dealer the only place to get parts like this? (I haven't found a good dealer locally)

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:12 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Yep, I had a dealer mess mine up while replacing windshields too. They had lost one piece, but "found" it. The first time I had to use the wipers I found neither would stay together. I found the parts I needed in a kit in the Winnebago parts book ...there will be some parts you don't need in the kit, but apparently that's the only way to get what you need.

I got mine Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City. Just call 800-343-6255 and ask for Winnebago parts. Normally your price with them with shipping is less than a local dealer will sell for ...if you have a local dealer. What I got was part # 96931-01-701 "windshield washer nozzle kit" at $10.25 ea. Lichtsinn guys will check your coach s/n to ensure you are getting the right part. If it is like mine, you will need a kit for each wiper you need to repair.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thank you,
if I post s picture, would that help?

For a nozzle kit on factory parts list it says: 108165-01-704

I wasn't sure if you could replace the plastic piece, because it appears some of the parts are riveted to it, specifically the orientation arm.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:27 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

IF you have the same wiper arm, there are no pieces in the "washer nozzle kit" that rivet to the arm. The pieces in the kit are the nozzle that the washer hose slips onto, the base which that piece "snaps" onto, bolts that hold the base piece to the arm, and the round cap from the other side. I do see a piece on mine maybe a couple of inches long that is riveted to the metal arm with two rivets (can't tell if that piece is plastic or metal). If that piece is your problem, it is not a part of this kit.

If I thought I needed to replace the whole arm on mine, I would either call Lichtsinn Motors and see what options they might have, or I would visit local truck parts suppliers.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:24 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I got a hold of my insurance company last night. I asked if they had paid for the windsheilds yet, they said they were waiting to hear from me.
I told them that was good, since the job was not completed yet.

I gave the windsheild company the contact information from above. If they want to get paid for the replacement, they need to fix the wipers. Hopefully they do it quick, I would like to go out.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:00 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I still have not got my WW's fixed. In the meantime, I discovered a leak.
The insurance company sent out an adjuster yesterday. Upon his review they would give me a check to have the repairs done myself.

I have emailed a couple of places for the WW parts I need:
Qty 1 - 108165-02-000 (Sprague 9280-00-RBW) passenger side wiper arm

Qty 2 - 108165-01-704 nozzle kit

Looks like, unless something changes, I won't be able to to the motorhome out during Christmas break.

This really sux.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:34 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

If you are having trouble finding a place that has them give Colaw Rv Salvage a call. They have a lot of new surplus parts as well as salvage motorhomes to take parts from. I stopped there on my way home last year and they have quite a few motorhomes that should have the parts you need on them.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:46 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thank for the response.

I found the parts.
David from Lichtsinn Motors pointed out that the pdf from Winn. is incorrect for the wiper arms. The passenger side arm is: 108165-03-000.

So the insurance company allowed me $150 to fix the leak and $86 for parts. The parts from Lichtsinn Motors are $204.50 (I got 2 other quote for more).
Now I need to go back to the insurance company and convience them their adjuster was wrong on his parts price quote.

Such fun.