Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

38t's

DW has made it "official",she wants side entry and 38t floorplan.Sooo does anyone
have a source where I can find what years this floorplan was available,in either
Winnebago or Itasca?
MnAzMike
MNAZMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

You could go to the W. website and look under prior year models, but I would call them and ask them what years they made them, then you can look them up by year
Old 12-09-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNAZMike2010 View Post
DW has made it "official",she wants side entry and 38t floorplan.Sooo does anyone
have a source where I can find what years this floorplan was available,in either
Winnebago or Itasca?
MnAzMike
The 38J is a great floorplan. That can get you headed in the right direction. I know the Voyage and I think the Adventurer had them
Old 12-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finhawk View Post
The 38J is a great floorplan. That can get you headed in the right direction. I know the Voyage and I think the Adventurer had them
Finhawk

Thanks for reply.We have seen the 38J floorplan and like it almost as well as the 38T.
I'm aware they came in Suncruiser & Adventurer's ,just not sure what years they
made them.
MnAzMike
Old 12-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorguy View Post
You could go to the W. website and look under prior year models, but I would call them and ask them what years they made them, then you can look them up by year
doorguy
Thanks for reply, I'll check the 'under prior year models'.
MnAzMike
Old 12-12-2011, 06:36 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Current Winny models are not 38T. If you really want this plan you will have to buy used. Here is a sample of a nice used 38T: 2006 Winnebago ADVENTURER TTW44274

The Adventure/Suncrusier from 2006-2008, I believe offers a 38T model. But there maybe other years, I have not looked too hard. We enjoy our 07 38T.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegd007 View Post
Current Winny models are not 38T. If you really want this plan you will have to buy used. Here is a sample of a nice used 38T: 2006 Winnebago ADVENTURER TTW44274

The Adventure/Suncrusier from 2006-2008, I believe offers a 38T model. But there maybe other years, I have not looked too hard. We enjoy our 07 38T.
Steve
Sent ya a PM
Mike
Old 12-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Leach RV in Lincoln, NE has a 2006 Itasca Suncruiser 38T

ww.leachrv.com
canefan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:23 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

We own a 2008 Winnebago 38T Adventurer and we love the floor plan. It is very roomy and we like the fact that it not like all the other motorhome floor plans. Its too bad that they stopped making it after 2009.
Lives4WeekNs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Smile 38T

Quote:
Originally Posted by canefan01 View Post
Leach RV in Lincoln, NE has a 2006 Itasca Suncruiser 38T

ww.leachrv.com
Thanks for tip on Leach RV,looks like their quite a large dealer.
I have not heard of them before.
Just wondering have you seen the 38T at Leach?
They do not list their price on website,want you to call I presume.
Great looking coach!!!

MnAzMike
Old 12-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Cool 38T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lives4WeekNs View Post
We own a 2008 Winnebago 38T Adventurer and we love the floor plan. It is very roomy and we like the fact that it not like all the other motorhome floor plans. Its too bad that they stopped making it after 2009.
What a great name Lives4WeekNs!!
We also prefer this floorplan,especially because of mid-coach entertainment,and that
it is not a split bathroom.
I see that you live not to far away from us, if you don't mind me asking
where did you purchase your 38T,dealer? or private?.
Hope you enjoy many trouble free miles!
MnAzMike
Old 12-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNAZMike2010 View Post
What a great name Lives4WeekNs!!
We also prefer this floorplan,especially because of mid-coach entertainment,and that
it is not a split bathroom.
I see that you live not to far away from us, if you don't mind me asking
where did you purchase your 38T,dealer? or private?.
Hope you enjoy many trouble free miles!
MnAzMike
Thanks, We picked the name because it describes how my wife and I feel at this stage of our lives. We are both winding down our careers and looking forward to our retirements and traveling in our 38T.

We purchased our Winnebago 38T Adventurer in Cincinnati, Ohio from a dealer, who was selling it for a private owner. Our Coach had 8,000 miles on it and was like new inside and out. The coach had every option that could be ordered at the time.
I would agree we do enjoy the mid-entertainment area after a long days drive. The split bathroom doors makes it very private, when you have others traveling with you.
We have taken two vacations in the last two years and are so glad we chose this 38T floor plan. The storage is so massive that we still have empty drawers available.
When we go full time all this storage will be utilized.

I very impressed with the workmanship and you can not beat the Chevy / Workhorse arrangements. Keep looking, there a 38T out there waiting for your wife and you.
We love to see pictures of your Coach, when you finally find it.
Lives4WeekNs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:49 AM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

Hi, I'm thinking of buying a used 2008 38T with 40,000 miles. It's now 2015 how has your 38T held up to normal usage? Any major problems?.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:50 AM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithcoop View Post
Hi, I'm thinking of buying a used 2008 38T with 40,000 miles. It's now 2015 how has your 38T held up to normal usage? Any major problems?.
Hi...We have had our 38T now for over 7 years @40,000 miles now. Drive the unit like 5000 miles per years or so. Still looks new and we really love the floor plan. Have done some upgrades. New tires, Steer Safe and Anti-sway bar on rear axel, Whole house Surge Protector (built-in), New Converter, Lifeline house battery's (love them...no maintenance issues), Digital Flat Screen TV's, New Fireplace to mention most of the major things.
We have had some "break-in" issues. At 40,000 miles now I would expect on going mechanical issues as time progress. Here is what did happen: passenger slide began to push the carpet up and out...solution was the removal of the entire slide and re-attaching the carpet and re-aligning the slide (done under warranty), blew a hydraulic hose (faulty fitting) to the slides and a pump failure, causing the slides to move out while moving on the highway, slide locks prevented major movement (always USE the slide locks) (fixed under warranty), transmission overheated, solution was the addition of a large transmission oil cooler in front of the radiator (done under warranty).
On going "regular Maintenance" question for you. Has the unit had regular maintenance done. Not just oil changes. At 7 years and 40000 miles look into transmission and radiator fluid changes, fan belt condition, fuel filter (FYI the Winnebago\Workhorse fuel filter is not easy to replace as it is engineered weirdly...there is an after market "replacement" filter that makes replacement much easier...look to see it the "fix" fuel filter is installed), then what is the age on the tires...not just the wear...but the age is more important at Seven years you should see tires that are new or fairly new.
Moving\Driving on the Highway. Expect MPG of 5-8. I like to stop at abouyt 1/2 a tank and refuel. It is nervous moving at less than 1/4 tank. So at "normal" speeds of 60-65 mph Tack is running at under 3 thousand rpm and the "noise" inside (your sitting on top to the engine) is OK you an talk and visit just fine. Start to pull a grade and rpm jump to 4-5 thousand and it is getting loud. Worst highway we pulled was outside Denver going east to Utah...my speed was dragged down to less than 30 MPH...it's a steep grade. Most all other highway grades I can pull at over 50 MPH towing the car also. What gets nervous is sometimes the highway lanes get narrow, you see this in major cities, narrow highway you have NO margin for errors PAY attention. I once smacked mirrors with a semi-truck in LA, my mirror was OK but I flatten the other guys mirror (never saw them again as the traffic was thick and he quickly fell behind me...oops...it was his fault anyway he was drifting in his lane). I have used our generator while traveling to keep the RV cool on really hot days. Be aware at 1/4 tank the generator will not run...saving fuel for the RV engine.

Well I have rambled on for a while. Do hope some of what I have shared is helpful. Good luck on your decision. HAPPY TRAILS!
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote