Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2018, 03:45 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

35U Adventurer rear tire inflation

Where do I access the air valve on the inner rear tires?
Phiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:26 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

my 2004 35u has extensions that stick through the wheel openings.
mdka99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:38 AM   #3
Veteran & RV Owner

Valve extensions! If your coach doesn't have them, get them installed ASAP. When I bought my first coach, I noticed after the sale that I could even access the rear tires to get air in them. I had all my tires rotated and while they were rotating them, they installed the extensions. My new coach already has extensions installed (one of the first things I checked before the sale was completed!).
armullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:06 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

In the absence of extenders, you should be able to access them with an inflator designed for duallies:

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Duall...+tire+inflator

This means you'll need to carry a compressor. Unless you're very lucky, the typical gas station tire inflator isn't going to have the necessary two-way extended nozzle. I carry a $100 pancake compressor that does double duty at home for air tools. In addition to handling the pressure, you need something that's not going to take all day to inflate your tires.

Flexible extenders are a quick, inexpensive and easy add but rigid, metal ones, installed in place of your current valve stems are the best, particularly if you're going to install a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS). IMHO the flexible ones are too floppy for the TPMS sensors but you can stabilize them with pieces of pool noodles until you install rigid, metal ones. The downside of the metal extensions is cost and that the tires need to be removed from the rims for installation. You can install the flexible ones yourself if you're good with your fingers. The safest flexible ones are covered by a metal braid.

From what I've read, many, if not most, truckers think we motorhome owners are wimps for needing extenders.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Unless the mechanic/owner has fat hands or wider tires have been installed, the inner valve stem is accessible by squeezing your hand between the duals. I have 6" metal extensions to screw onto the TPMS sensors on my inner metal valve stems when air is needed.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:13 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

I bought the braided extenders for the rear duallies from the same dealer/rental company that sold our Minnie to us. About $90.00 to do both sides. The kit included standoff brackets for the air fill ends and made them stable enough for the TPMS sensors. I went through three different angled solid extenders for the fronts before finding the right ones that would allow easy filling and space for the sensors.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:25 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Dually Valve Extensions

Just a word of caution. If your coach has steel wheels Winnebago installs PLASTIC extensions, at least they had on our 2014 Forza. Cheap, cheap, cheap!

It caused total air loss of an inner dual first year we purchased it prompting our first service call. While still on the road, several states away, I installed Air Masters braided extensions. Have had No air loss since then and they support the sensors from TST with No problem. TPMS purchased after this event, I did remove outer covers.

When it's new tire time I'll install "solid" extensions, until then these are fine.
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, vent