Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-06-2018, 08:22 AM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Here's photos:
Slim Rack first, schwintec second:
Big difference between those two designs. Those pictures give more information than anything that I've found on Lippert's site! Thanks
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:01 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

GBFANKEN, is correct, the black marks are caused by the black wiper strip on the front and side of the counter. We had the 2 rollers installed by the Junction city factory, they are installed on the slide itself not on the peninsula, which floats over the floor. I believe the rollers help the huge slide operate with less stress but the it did not fix the black mark problem.
To fix the problem you need to pull that wiper off and reattach it with an 1/8" clearance from the floor or just leave it off like I did. (For now anyway). I also used a few tyraps to secure the million electrical lines that are under that peninsula. Winnebago to there credit makes access to this area easy as the floor panels just lift out.

Sam
uthurricaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:48 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

I have a friend with a less than one year old late 2017 model or early 2018 model Sightseer 33c with the Slim Rack and she still gets the black mark on the floor from the wiper, the wiper still is touching the floor and transfering black to the floor. It comes right off with black streak remover or any reasonably strong floor cleaner.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:51 AM   #24
Vietnam Veteran 1967-1970

Sam, I ended up removing the black wiper strip because the rest of the slideout near the stove area doesn't have anything under it, so what's the point! I too tye rapped the wires, hoses "lightly " under the peninsula. I ADD FELT strips to where the rubber wipers were. If the peninsula RUBS on my tiled floor, the felt should help protect my floor ! ?? We'll see next week's trip. FYI I also upgraded my Inverter to a 2,000 watt PURE SINE WAVE. I use lots of electronics and I feel safer with Pure Sine Wave power. 1k was enough power, however while I was going to upgrade ? Why not go to 2k right away. I already have solar.....
Joshua 24:15
GBFANKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:05 AM   #25
Sightseer 33C owner

Haven't noticed any problems to date with our 2012 33C, similar to posts for 2010 and 2011 33C
Old 02-28-2021, 12:10 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Itasca Sunova 33C Design Problems

My wife and I have a 2013 Itasca Sunova 33C. In the spring of 2019 when we were returning home from spending 2 months in Florida we had a problem with the full length drivers side slide out not fully retracting. It would remain about 3/4" out on the end closet to the driver. When we arrived home in Minnesota we took it to the dealer we had purchased the motorhome from. After consulting with Winnebago, the dealer determined that the slide out rails and motors would need to be replaced. They removed the Schwintek rails and motors and replaced them with the SlimRack rails and motors. After the completed the replacement the still were having problems with the slide fully seating when retracted. They contacted Winnebago again and were told to had the extra the extra roller (which is located near the middle of the slide out). Winnebago had told the dealer that they didn't need to had the additional roller when they replaced the slide out rails and motor. During the repairs our flooring got a few gouges and scrapes in it. Needless to say we were not pleased and the dealer didn't feel as the damage was their responsibility. We did find a local firm that was able to patch and blend in the repair so that it is no longer easily visible.
I contacted Winnebago to see if the repair on the slide out would be covered by a recall as was told it would not be. The replacement of the slide out rails and motors costed us $2,909.
My suggestion to any owner of a 33C is to have the extra rollers added if your unit does not already have the rollers!

Old 02-28-2021, 01:24 PM   #27
Site Team

billtsunova, you live about 150 miles from the Winnebago factory. The Service Center there would have done a vastly better job repairing your slide AND they would have added the extra roller without a mention. I know, because they did mine in 2018 and it's been good ever since. I just told them my slide was balky and not closing evenly.

The new middle roller was just thrown in there as a matter of course.

I drove 1,600 miles to go to the WBGO Service Center. If I lived 150 miles away I'd go every year. In fact, I'd never see anyone for service but the factory.
Old 02-28-2021, 03:29 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

You know, lesions learned, or should have, could have!
billtsunova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 02:18 PM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Adventurer 33c Slide Issue

Evidently this remains a problem that has not been properly addressed by Winnebago. I have a 2019 Adventurer 33c which is suffering from the problem. Really disappointing. Its at the dealership as we speak. The weight of the full slide is not being supported when it is brought in. Sounds like some rollers might fix the problem or is it just a 'band-aid'.

sduff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problems, winnebago