Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-06-2019, 11:46 AM   #1

29VE Surge Protector added to rig

I've just installed a Progressive Industries HW30C Surge Protector into my utility bay.

I mounted a piece of painted black plywood (6" x 12") to the wall next to the factory wiring and mounted the surge protector. Then I removed the main electrical cable from the lower junction box. I added 3 new 10 gauge wires and connected them to the output side of the surge protector.

Then I cut the main power cable at about 18" long. I connected this stub to the input side of the surge protector and attached a new male 30 amp connector to make it into a pig tail. It's just long enough to connect to the generator output plug or to stick out of the hole in the utility bay floor.

I took the remainder of the power cord and added a female 30 amp connector to make it into an extension cord. Now I don't have to fight with dragging the main power cable through that silly tiny hole in the floor.

I attached the LED status panel to the side of the surge protector with some Velcro. I would have liked to put it inside the rig but haven't figured out how to run wires with this RV yet.

It was a horrible design from the factory and this will make my life easier.

Dennis
ddaudelin is offline   Reply With Quote