Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-06-2020, 08:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

27PE H2O gravity Water fill ?

2017 - 2019 27PE is on my short list of replacement MH for my 2006 Outlook.

I have not physically done a walk through on one yet (none in my area and Dealers are a long drive).

So far all my online looking it appears there is no Gravity water access (though the users manual talks of using one for sanitizing system, I'm guessing it's generic manual).

I like to dry camp a few weeks per year and once set up don't like to move to refill tanks. I currently refill from 5 gallon containers into my Outlooks Gravity fill.

How do you refill water tank with no gravity fill ?

Can the existing water pump be used (relatives Newmar has this feature builtin) to siphon from external tanks.

Thanks

I'm sure I'll have more questions during my search efforts.
kamphiker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 06:02 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I’m pretty sure you fill the freshwater tank through the wet bay. There is a valve in there that you turn one way for water from the tank and another way for water from the hose bib.

I am buying a 2020 27P tomorrow and looked at the on line owners manual.
NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 07:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
I’m pretty sure you fill the freshwater tank through the wet bay. There is a valve in there that you turn one way for water from the tank and another way for water from the hose bib.

I am buying a 2020 27P tomorrow and looked at the on line owners manual.
I'm not up on that new RV but I'm more familiar with a valve which changes whether the water coming in from the faucet goes straight into the rv tank or going on inside for use. On many leaving this valve in the fill position leaves nearly no pressure when you get to site and hookup to a tap.
It may be new on newer RV, so needs checking?
Meanwhile for the filling from jugs there may be a way to mod the tubing slightly with longer to reach the jug as I do see a suction tube which is usually used for sucking antifreeze out of jugs to winterize. Bears some checking before saying that could be used to fill the RV tank but it would seem to be okay to use for water out of jugs straight into the inside use.
A great tool for looking over details on the newer RV is here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
With a bit of practice, you can learn to turn the RV over and see all the parts, where and what you have.
I did this snip from it to show the suction tube as the yellow item connected to the pump. Lots of good info for the RV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	suction hose.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	174667  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:28 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
I'm not up on that new RV but I'm more familiar with a valve which changes whether the water coming in from the faucet goes straight into the rv tank or going on inside for use. On many leaving this valve in the fill position leaves nearly no pressure when you get to site and hookup to a tap.
It may be new on newer RV, so needs checking?
Meanwhile for the filling from jugs there may be a way to mod the tubing slightly with longer to reach the jug as I do see a suction tube which is usually used for sucking antifreeze out of jugs to winterize. Bears some checking before saying that could be used to fill the RV tank but it would seem to be okay to use for water out of jugs straight into the inside use.
A great tool for looking over details on the newer RV is here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
With a bit of practice, you can learn to turn the RV over and see all the parts, where and what you have.
I did this snip from it to show the suction tube as the yellow item connected to the pump. Lots of good info for the RV.
Thanks for the information. I was thinking about the Winterizing pickup but wonder if it would be slow due to the tubing diameter. Another thought I have is use a 2nd pump with a Garden Hose fitting and refill through the City connection. When the time comes I'll figure out a solution.
kamphiker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 06:50 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Thought of that as well and agree on both issues,
Good luck as it does take some compromise.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 08:56 AM   #6
2019 Winnebago Sunstar 27

I have a 2019 27PE and so far love it. I have not done any modifications to the suspension as so far I have not found the need to do so. The first things we did was to build and instal sliding drawers in the pantry, additional shelves in upper cupboards and dividers in lowers. Also installed a hard wired Progressive industries Electrical Management Sytem in the power bay, a Black Tank flushing system, attached the dinette plywood seat lids to the back rests with piano hinge and a grab rail for the screen door.
There is another thread that folks have discussed some mods they have done or are considering.
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ds-357361.html

As everyone of these units (floor plans) is something of a compromise there are always areas with room for improvement. Fit and finish is for the most part good, but we had to reattach the dinnette seat rail supports as both exterior slats were far from level and one had only one screw in it. Minor but irritating non the less.

Under the "Free Advice column" be extremely critical during your walk around; list absolultey ever item you are not 100% happy with, present it to your sales team - especially the Service folks, not just the sales person. I have found the service department is always in full support of your requests - sales not so much... They just want you to "Take it and go!"
Arrange then and there to have them address the list prior to you taking the coach. Especially in these times of extremely long lead times for service and parts. Otherwise you could find yourself waiting until October for the work to be done. Again, even if you think or know the fault is something you could easily repair yourself, have them address it. After all you're shelling out a LOT of money for a descretionary item. You'll have lots of opportunity to repair things yourself later on (HAH)

Good luck with it

L
Lowdie24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water