Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2022, 05:44 PM   #1
Jimrie

2022 Adventurer 29b slide concerns

So got my 2022 Adventure 29b 2 weeks ago and I have two concerns that I am looking for input on. #1 the slide (on the drivers side) is tight on the top and has an inch or so gap on the bottom, doesn’t feel right looking for input please. Second is that from videos I saw the outside TV should be on an articulating arm but mine appears fixed, is this right?? Appreciate any input from folks with one of these rigs.
Old 12-27-2022, 08:10 PM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

I’m not sure what slide out mechanism you have so I don’t want to comment on something that I’m not sure about. And I’m also not sure about the articulating arm on the TV but mine has a latch you have to release it and then pull the TV out to articulate it. The latch is more like a tethered vinyl cord that’s flat and releases the arm mechanism. It’s designed to lock it into place during travel.
Old 12-27-2022, 08:49 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2021 Adventurer 29B. Can you please post pics of the slide? It doesn't sound right, but it would be great to have a visual to validate.

I don't think my outdoor television articulates, but I don't watch a lot of TV, and I haven't tried it. Wyatt's comment is interesting, and I'll have to take a look the next time I'm with the rig.
ZimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 09:34 PM   #4
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Found it in my manual…
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E0642A3C-702B-4059-BF7C-21F5E82AE80B.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	483.5 KB
ID:	184870  
Old 12-28-2022, 08:44 AM   #5
Site Team

Hey Jimrie
I don’t have info on your exact model, but can relate info based on my experience.

It’s not uncommon for slides to get out of alignment. And there are various fixes posted on YouTube. The problem pointing you to one is that RVs have many different slide systems and I have no idea what type of slide mechanism your RV has. As you become more experienced with your RV, knowing the types of slides you have will be vital information. Keep in mind your RV could have as many different slide types as you have slides.

My larger 2017 Adventurer has two slides with PowerGear SlimRack slides and one PowerGear ThroughFrame slide types. Each type works slightly different.

Guessing you have a SlimRack system this video may help. It’s not a very detailed video so it may not help.

The guy in this video does fast in out movements, but the usual fix for this issue is to run the slides all the way out and hold the button at the end until you hear the motors click. Then bring the slide in and do the same. The motor controller counts the revolutions and syncs the two motors with that clicksound. You may have to do this a number of times. When using the slide never run the slide part way. Always go all the way in or out.

I like to run the slide out all the way, hold the button for 10 sec or so and release. Then I push the extend button again and hold it, listening for the motors to click. I repeat that multiple times until pushing the extend button doesn’t make the motors move or make any sound. Some times that’s one or two extra pushes and sometimes more. You can hear the motors click like in the video.

If you can’t get the top and bottom of the slide closer aligned you may have to have a tech look at it for other problems.

As for the outside TV, reach up behind the tv and find the pull strap to release the mount to allow the tv to swivel.
Old 12-30-2022, 06:19 AM   #6
Jimrie

Slide pic

Here is a picture. At least I hope it’s attached Top is tight bottom out about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. Click image for larger version

Name:	CAC072C6-D945-4B5D-A6DB-2E4D867A0EF4.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	184882
Old 12-30-2022, 08:33 AM   #7
Site Team

Your photo look’s pretty much like mine. I used to worry about it, but in 5+ years and 45,000 miles it’s not been an issue. Maybe I should be worried, but I’ve let this go. If it was more pronounced then maybe, but for now I’m not.
Old 12-30-2022, 08:39 AM   #8
Jimrie

Thanks, as mine is under warranty I am going to bring it to their attention to see if it’s normal or if it needs attention.
Old 12-30-2022, 09:16 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Ditto on my full wall slide - on mine, I can see that the seal still "seals" so I've always felt it was OK.

Mine is a 2017 29ve that I bought used and I do the slide hold button technique that CreativePart is referring to.

Enjoy what looks like full body paint. That's on my list of must-have next time. My second Winnebago and you have to work to keep the gelcoat shiny where in the pain will be MUCH easier / forgiving and it looks fantastic!

But by all means, let us know is they adjust or say it's not right.

On the TV I'd be interested to know if you don't have the articulating arm - it makes it much more useful BUT be sure it's fully retracted - I can tell on mine it's been stored not fully locked and rubbed on the door.
Old 12-30-2022, 10:16 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

I concur with Wyatt on Outside TV, we use all the time and we always snap it back in it's locked position when traveling. It works great. TVs are very sensitive as it is. If you look behind you should see, pull the cord down and then TV out.

Our 2019 29ve is not full body paint, but it has what WBGO calls Automotive Finish. I keep it waxed twice a year and now approaching year 4 this is what it looks like. Full body paint is unquestionably better, but just to say that if you can maintain or pay to have it maintained it will look great. It is worth noting that both should be waxed anyway.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20220519_123033.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	184885  
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 10:27 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrie View Post
Here is a picture. At least I hope it’s attached Top is tight bottom out about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. Attachment 184882
I don't know if it is problem or not. I think you have a sound plan to address with WBGO, it can't hurt. WBGO took care of everything that was an issue and explained very well what was normal. Trust them with respect and they will take care of you. I had several cheaper options but buying the brand new WBGO has proven to be a good decision for us.

FWIW, here is what my slide looks like. When extending or retracting, I always go all the way out, or all the way in, no matter how many time I forget to close the bathroom door before pulling it in.

Name:	20220519_123001.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	184886
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 01-07-2023, 04:05 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

creativepart has a good answer. I haven't had an issue with our slide in two years and 18,000 miles. Our outside TV does not have an articulating mount. It is bolted to two bars which are then bolted to a frame on the left and right. Made it a PITA to get at connections when we swapped out the POS stock TV.
Old 01-07-2023, 05:27 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes2 View Post
Our outside TV does not have an articulating mount. It is bolted to two bars which are then bolted to a frame on the left and right. Made it a PITA to get at connections when we swapped out the POS stock TV.
Of course I believe you, but I did not know this. I can't believe WBGO would remove the articulating arm? Especially for the Adventurer?

FWIW, I took the solid mount down in main living area and cutout a lot of excess metal so when I swap that Insignia with a Samsung 40" Smart TV; I could access all of the connections on the back. It is still a permanent fixed position, but you can see that TV with ease from all of the seats.

But Outdoor TV... No articulating arm

We tailgate a lot and the Outdoor TV and Kitchen is our main love of the RV. Especially when we have guest. You may wish to look up the p/n for the 2019 Sunstar 29ve articulating arm? I bet it would fit and be a easy install
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5060.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	184934  
Old 01-22-2023, 08:14 AM   #14
Winnebago Watcher

I also have a 29B 2022 Adventurer. First, the outside tv: I added a Firestick to it, and had to unscrew the two Phillips screws on the Left side, and just loosened the two on the right. That allows the tv to swing out enough to access the HDMI ports. Pretty easy.
My slideout also has tight gear racks on the top and slack racks on the bottom. I assumed that this is because the top rails keep the slideout from falling out of the RV, and the lower ones keep it from pushing back into the RV, when fully extended. Regardless - it has worked fine for about 50 in-out cycles over the last 2 years. Fingers crossed…
Joy_Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 08:46 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Of course I believe you, but I did not know this. I can't believe WBGO would remove the articulating arm? Especially for the Adventurer?

FWIW, I took the solid mount down in main living area and cutout a lot of excess metal so when I swap that Insignia with a Samsung 40" Smart TV; I could access all of the connections on the back. It is still a permanent fixed position, but you can see that TV with ease from all of the seats.

But Outdoor TV... No articulating arm

We tailgate a lot and the Outdoor TV and Kitchen is our main love of the RV. Especially when we have guest. You may wish to look up the p/n for the 2019 Sunstar 29ve articulating arm? I bet it would fit and be a easy install
Might have to look into adding an articulating mount for the outside TV. We added one for the inside lounge TV which makes viewing easier.

Still, it works well overall: Last holiday, DW, firepit, grill, football on the TV, wine. Life is good!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Gadsden-Xmas-2022b.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	332.0 KB
ID:	185051  

Tags
adventurer, slide, vent