Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-17-2020, 10:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2020 Sunstar 27PE Coax and Ethernet Problems

TV problems!

Satellite dish, Walleye receiver. Ethernet cables (two) routed from utility box above entry door through ceiling/roof somehow into slide out then to lounge TV appear to be bad. Anyone know how these are routed and whether you can somehow pull new cables through? The dish, HDMI splitter, HDMI extender appear to be operational. I have order an ethernet cable tester and will confirm this this weekend.

Connected RV park cable to RV. No signal to TVs. RV park tested RV park cable, and my cable connecting RV to park cable and both checked out good. According to brochure, turning TV amplifier off allows outside cable signal to go to TVs. Checked this in on and off position, still no signal to TVs. Went to menu on lounge TV and changed setting to cable, still nothing. Tried to do this on the bedroom TV but the function to select is greyed out. Is there anything that I am missing? I know that there must be a splitter, anyone know where this is located?

Thanks,
Jerry
J2Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 11:00 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Before assuming coax is bad, I would have to do some real tests as it is so easy to miss things like not having the settings right or looking at the wrong spot.
With a meter testing coax is actually quite simple if we know how to check resistance.
Think of the coax as two wires, one inner and one being the mesh on the outside, then do a check to see they are both open at the ends and check for any contact from inner to outer. Assuming none, then check that the wire you ID is actually the same as you think on the far end by looking for ground on one end while somebody putting the ground on one wire at a time at the far end.
If you see no short from wire to wire and do see the ground when applied to both wires, the coax is good.
However if you do not see it when the far end is grounded, I would first assume I have not found the right ends to match!
The last thing I assume is there is a wiring error or real problem as it is just so easy to not look and get it right when things are new.
But some info on components of the system location:
First picture is general area to find them, second is closeup for id of what may be behind panels, etc. hard to spot?
1. Power supply switch
2. dual coax
3.HDMI splitter
Info?
Have you found these for drawings of how it is tied together depending on options on your RV?
https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2019/000164480.pdf
https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2019/000177027.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	connections.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	175016   Click image for larger version

Name:	components.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	175017