Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2021, 05:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2019 Vista Shake Down List of Issues/Questions

Hi All:

We are back from a week long "shake down" cruise with our "new to us" 2019 Vista 27PE. Here are a few things we discovered that need attention:
  1. The sliding door between the kitchen and bedroom is a major rattle source. Has anyone found an effective way to quiet this?
  2. No power to the USB charging ports on both sides of the bed. Checked fuses and breakers, but came up with nothing. I cant figure out what circuit these are on and the Winnebago wiring diagrams show nothing.
  3. Refrigerator (Norcold N8X) will not turn OFF when on propane which drained a lot of LPG on the trip out. The little gas icon on the display switches off, but the burner still runs. No error message results and the thermister is connected and attached properly.
  4. Outside compartment door comes open when on rough roads even after being locked and double checked. I think this could be due to flex. Is there anyway to adjust the latch that I am missing?
Thanks for any help and ideas to correct these!

Regards,
Neal
Packfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 01:31 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Working on the issues today, I have several solved:
1. A six inch clamp between the sliding door and wall tightened things up nicely.
2. Tracked down the wires that run to the USB ports and discovered there was a connection in the compartment under the slide that was disconnected.
3. No progress on the fridge- I will post a separate thread in the Appliance section.
4. Adjusted the compartment door striker out a tad and lubricated the mechanism based on advice I found when searching another forum. Apparently this is a common problem? We will see if this recurs.

Regards.
Old 03-26-2021, 03:47 PM   #3
JBP
Winnie-Wise

chech the connection after you turn on the inverter. there is also a GFI in the bay
where the invert is check it.
also factory wired my coach wrong from the inverter. took 3 weeks to find problem. glade I was not paying for it.
I guess that you turned it to E and gas is still on? Have you turned to auto after connecting shore power?
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 04:21 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Jim.

On the fridge, the gas does shut down when turning to E/AC only. It just doesn't shut off when on gas once cold.

I was told to reset the main control board which I will try next.
Old 04-07-2021, 04:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

It won't- the burner will stay lit if propane is selected (it isn't like the furnace...when it's not running, the flame is out).
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:01 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

dragonfly2.net.....check Simon's RV accessories, he makes safety latches for the doors
jmo01830 is offline   Reply With Quote