Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2022, 06:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2019 Vista 29VE suspension advice?

I have a 2019 Vista 29 VE
I have installed Safety plus and Koni shocks plus front end alignment.
What else has every one done to make it drive and handle better.
Any information would be appreciated.
Thank You
mapesfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 06:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I did the Cheap Handling Fix front and rear to stiffen the sway control. There is a huge thread on IRV2.com on this topic. It involves stiffening the sway by using the inner holes on the sway bars at minimal cost. What material cost there can be involves if you want to change the links to maintain the existing sway bar geometry or not.

I added a Super Steer 400 rear track bar to my Vista 27N so the rear axle and wheels can't shift side to side on the leaf springs as can occur with the OEM setup. This improves handling some too.

I added devices called AirTabs to the side walls and roof on the back edges, they are vortex generators that smooth and shape the airflow around the back of the Vista. Minimal gas mileage improvement but provide noticable handling improvement. AirTabs.com for more information.

Finally, make sure your rear sway bar is doing it's job that the brackets are still securely bolted to the axle, those bracket bolts can work loose and even fall off causing loss of sway control. You might even want to remove the 4 bolts and reinstall with locktite to make sure they don't fall out.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 01:10 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I purchased the extra HD front sway bay , lengthened the links by appx 2" and the additional swaybar for the rear ..very costly but improves the handling. Items bought from E Trailer
Reniram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 09:08 PM   #4
Second Winnebago Owner

I did the CHF on my 2017 29ve along with sumo springs front and rear from super springs. I also went with the road master coil over stabilizer. Hands down night and day difference. I went from white knuckles to comfortable driving with two fingers. I highly recommend it to fix the f53 handling issues.
gmellison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 09:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

When we had a 2020 F53 based Class A I added front and rear Roadmaster sway bars and a Roadmaster Reflex steering stabilizer. To me it was a night and day difference in driving the RV.
I had Sumo springs on two Class C RVs and they give you a jarring ride over bumps or bad roads.

Retired "Quiet Professional". Lifetime HSUS and ASPCA member and supporter.
71_340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 12:16 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

All great suggestions. What made the biggest difference for me to reduce the influence of wind and passing trucks was increasing the toe-in (beyond specs) and adding weight to the front end. I added the spare tire in front of the coach. When I weighed mine, the front end (prior to adding the spare) was to light. Good luck.
f53Challenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 04:32 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I have 2017 29ve - did what others have - Koni's, CHF with front longer links and Sumos all around with RoadMaster steering stabilizer. I like all the changes and one-handed driving is possible now. I do watch still for Semi's passing to ensure I expect small corrections but nothing like before I did all the changes.

Quick question for those is RSSA (Roadmaster Spring Steering Stabilizer) - is anyone having trouble with it "sagging"? When I called they said if that's the case take sandpaper to the steering link to keep that ubolt from slipping and dropping the stabilizer. I just haven't had time to try that.

Tags
suspension, advice