Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-18-2021, 06:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2018 Vista 29Ve Range Hood Upgrade

I can't stand not having a vented range hood. I ordered a 24x16" Furrion RV hood, one speed fan with a light. Our cabinet is 19"deep with the microwave above. I will have to cut a hole inn the RV wall and install a dampered vent on the outside.
Now in more modern units they install a convection m-wave, that has a built in fan and light under it.
Any experience with installing this? You Tube has one that required a short length of ductwork to be fabricated to bridge the depth.
Input? Experience?
Sandmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Update

Any finished pictures? I would love to complete the same update?
welbe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 01:30 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Nah, it lacked the minimum clearance, 19", from the range, and our "cabinet" was deeper than the 16" too. The underside of the microwave was a series of softwood struts, instead of a solid cabinet, hard to even find a place to screw it up there.
It was extraordinarily difficult to even mark the wall where the vent cut out was going, I couldn't reach easily or bend enough to easily work back there. Bifocals don't help.
So I sent it back to etrailer.
Sandmason is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade